Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122

Thread: New Duty Load

  1. #101
    Site Supporter Robert Mitchum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Target Sports' USA has them in stock.
    Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain +P Jacketed Hollow Point
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/9mm-...ammo-c-51.aspx
    ďIt is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand.Ē Ė Apache

  2. #102
    Site Supporter the Schwartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Luminiferous ∆ther
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This calls for a philosophical discussion of epistemology.

    How we know what we know, and how we know we know it.

    Whoa, blues, that is one helluva a tangent from the OP's first post (which related to testing proposed issue ammunition) and in a technical forum, no less.

    I am sure that a profound philosophical discussion of a priori and a posteriori knowledge will clarify all of this.*










    *Not!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

    Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection. www.quantitativeammunitionselection.com

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply. I have decided to move on and go back to the Speer 124gr + P Gold Dot in my G19. Tried and true. I have several boxes on backorder and will change out my ammo when it arrives.

    I use 124 gr HST standard pressure in my P365. I'll stick with that for the forseeable future.
    Well, it turns out the back order is an estimated 3 months or more. Fortunataly I found 50 round boxes of factory fresh 124gr +P HST in stock at a local shop. That works too!

    Thanks for the heads up on the 147's folks.

  4. #104
    So,have we received any actual yay/nay definitive evidence from either Doc,Federal,etc? I'd hate to dump perfectly good ammo on what is mainly unsubstantiated hearsay? If there were pictures that would go a long way towards easing my mind,especially since EVERY single round I've fired through animals and 4 layer denim/water has expanded every time,albeit not perfectly.

  5. #105
    Moderator BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    So,have we received any actual yay/nay definitive evidence from either Doc,Federal,etc? I'd hate to dump perfectly good ammo on what is mainly unsubstantiated hearsay? If there were pictures that would go a long way towards easing my mind,especially since EVERY single round I've fired through animals and 4 layer denim/water has expanded every time,albeit not perfectly.
    I've asked around with some folks that I think would know and haven't nailed anyone down on anything, but it seems like there's always rumblings and rumors. So at this point no fire but some smoke. I'm not dumping mine, FWIW.
    Interested in a PF hat? Take the survey here: https://forms.gle/1E7ihN776ve3NY957

    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by witchking777 View Post
    So,have we received any actual yay/nay definitive evidence from either Doc,Federal,etc? I'd hate to dump perfectly good ammo on what is mainly unsubstantiated hearsay? If there were pictures that would go a long way towards easing my mind,especially since EVERY single round I've fired through animals and 4 layer denim/water has expanded every time,albeit not perfectly.
    I donít think itís unsubstantiated hearsay when @Chuck Haggard is posting here with what heís seen first hand.

    Iíve also been able to confirm what the OP posted with a different individual.
    Last edited by TC215; 08-05-2020 at 05:13 PM.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Target Sports' USA has them in stock.
    Speer Gold Dot LE Duty 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain +P Jacketed Hollow Point
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/9mm-...ammo-c-51.aspx
    Is the 124gr still considered a top option?

  8. #108
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    Is the 124gr still considered a top option?
    Yup. It's on Doc's list, and those of us who don't carry the 147s are using 124s in either standard or +P in Gold Dots or HST.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've asked around with some folks that I think would know and haven't nailed anyone down on anything, but it seems like there's always rumblings and rumors. So at this point no fire but some smoke. I'm not dumping mine, FWIW.
    Alrighty. I'll keep carrying it,it's super accurate,has fed 100% reliably,and has been one shot stops on coyotes and jackrabbits.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I donít think itís unsubstantiated hearsay when @Chuck Haggard is posting here with what heís seen first hand.

    Iíve also been able to confirm what the OP posted with a different individual.
    Can you IM me some more info please? I respect Chuck a lot,it's my skepticism rearing it's ugly head without photographic or first hand evidence to support said claims.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •