Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Goldman writes on Black rage & humiliation as accellerants for current events

David Goldman writes on Black rage & humiliation as accellerants for current events

In the Asia Times ; this is his usual deep dive.
    I found aspects of it enlightening, and quite troubling.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/the-hu...black-america/
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Man, you weren't kidding about enlightening and troubling! Thanks for the link.

Site Supporter
    Very interesting article. Too bad most people don't care about the actual causes of the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Very interesting article. Too bad most people don't care about the actual causes of the issues.
    They haven't woken to it yet.

(And as a result, it won't be solved by using the same old methods...throw money at it, pretend it doesn't exist or someone else is responsible.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They haven't woken to it yet.

(And as a result, it won't be solved by using the same old methods...throw money at it, pretend it doesn't exist or someone else is responsible.)
    Nor can a solution be legislated or championed by white celebrities. It must be initiated from within.
    Last edited by rd62; 07-05-2020 at 03:13 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Seemed like a reasonable start on a pretty good essay. Just when it seemed like it was going to connect some things and peel back some layers, it just kind of stops.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

That article definitely resonates with me, based on both my professional ties to academia, and my amateur interest in policing and public policy. I agree that the thoughts seem to still be developing, but the line of thinking strikes me as solid.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Seemed like a reasonable start on a pretty good essay. Just when it seemed like it was going to connect some things and peel back some layers, it just kind of stops.
    I am curious as to your thoughts, Olong, & you too, Totem Polar. Where would you like Goldman to have gone farther?
    Honest question; both of you have a penchant for thinking things out in directions I might not go toward.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Reminds me of a line from a good, mostly serious article Dave Barry wrote in ‘98 or ‘99 about the imminent takeover of Hong Kong by the Chinese.

A lot of native Hong Kongers we’re happy about the transfer. Dave asked one of them why, since it was the British who had made their incredible prosperity possible. The Hong Konger said something like, yes, that was true, but the British snubbed us.

People are always willing to cut off their nose to spite their face.

In my mind, the college data presented in that article, is another point for "we should stop telling everyone that college is the answer." The trade school revolution can't come soon enough, and I suspect that after that train has been rolling for a number of years (realistically, a decade or more) we'll see the success story it creates across all demographics.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List