Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 mm more expensive than 40 cal....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    When my PD converted from S&W 5906 9mm to HK USP .40 in full size and compact versions, no one complained about the lighter .40's being harder to shoot. Everyone managed to qualify with the .40 cal guns.
    Thats because Cops carry guns much more than shoot them and 5906's are bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Depends on your definition of "future proof."

A lot of "fighting the last war" thinking with people keeping a .40 cal in the back of the safe since .40 was still on the shelves during the Sandyhook thing. Of course that was based on the assumption .40 would still be on the shelf.
    Mine is a Dillon and about two years worth of most components for what I shoot.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Components to reload 9mm are still available. They are more scarce than they were 6 months ago but you can find them.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Components to reload 9mm are still available. They are more scarce than they were 6 months ago but you can find them.
    I tend to go deep on primers, and then I have shotgun powders that are good for pistols, and then buy the bullets (biggest bucks) as they are needed. But maybe my reorder point on bullets maybe should be a little sooner.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Real glad I still have that glock 35
    I'm glad I have a couple of 38 Supers around. The ammo is never cheap, but the price has only gone up a little bit recently and it is available. I have a couple thousand rounds of 45 and 38 Super on hand, but in order to keep shooting without depleting my stock I plan to buy more 38 Super soon and do most of my shooting with that in the near future.

Site Supporter
    After snagging a 96G slide and barrel the other day, I need a dedicated frame for it. It's shootable, but definitely not as pleasant as 9mm.

I only started stocking about a year and a half ago, but there's, em, significant amounts of ammo around here. I've actually bought some 5.56 here the last couple weeks. .46/round is more than I want to pay, but it's not as bad as it could be. Got plenty of powder and primers and some bullets for .223/5.56, but I really need a better powder scale.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-...10118dpdu.html

Detroit PD trade in S&W .40 M&Ps for those that now desire such a thing. $299.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-...10118dpdu.html

Detroit PD trade in S&W .40 M&Ps for those that now desire such a thing. $299.
    If I had to shoot .40, that would be a fine pistol for it.
    #RESIST

I actually like .40 and shoot it fairly often. Not what I use at work, although it and .45 are still authorized. I find I am just a bit slower with .40 than 9mm and my accuracy will deteriorate a bit quicker if I am shooting a lot in a day. I sometimes wonder if the .40 would have remained more popular if individuals and agencies stuck with 180gr instead of 155 and 165, and if they had avoided the really small and light guns?

Anyway, unless I find myself unable to carry a 9mm round that I trust, I don't see going back to .45 or .40 on a daily basis, although I would not have any heartburn about doing so. I have a couple pistols in those calibers that would be happy to jump in a holster and go to work.

Never shot an M&P in .40

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I actually like .40 and shoot it fairly often. Not what I use at work, although it and .45 are still authorized. I find I am just a bit slower with .40 than 9mm and my accuracy will deteriorate a bit quicker if I am shooting a lot in a day. I sometimes wonder if the .40 would have remained more popular if individuals and agencies stuck with 180gr instead of 155 and 165, and if they had avoided the really small and light guns?

Anyway, unless I find myself unable to carry a 9mm round that I trust, I don't see going back to .45 or .40 on a daily basis, although I would not have any heartburn about doing so. I have a couple pistols in those calibers that would be happy to jump in a holster and go to work.

Never shot an M&P in .40
    My experience is pretty much the same as yours. My hands are full of arthritis now and the 9mm is generally easier to shoot but I still like the .40 in smaller doses. I carried a Kahr K40 for years and found that the weight of the steel gun made the recoil very similar to that of my CW9. I never did try a CW40. I'm no physicist but I figured that would be painful.

User Tag List