Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 mm more expensive than 40 cal....

I'm surprised I'm seeing a lot of .45 acp on the shelves. Kind of tempts me to grab a CZ97.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    My .40 Glocks have gotten more range time lately than the 9mm ones for this very reason. I have about a case of 9mm factory practice ammo on hand and want to save it for a class whenever the COVID response foolishness subsides more. .40 is available in small quantities from work and I have a crap ton of components to load all the service calibers I utilize.
    Time to get the estate sale Dillon 550 mounted and learn how to use it....

My old Gen2 G23 has been gathering dust for years. Things like ammo availability, supply & demand are the reasons I never sold it.

And one other reason for hanging on. I had each one of my sons learn recoil control/grip on the G23 with hot 180 grain ammo. After that 9's & 45's were cake.

then

Local shops were full of .40 cal used guns and would not take one as a trade in 6 months ago. All gone now.

With what they gave on trade they likely did very well on guns that would still be sitting if it wasn't for recent events.

6-7 months ago, I was buying cases of Geco 9mm for $155 from TargetSportsUSA. They just came back into stock a few minutes ago for $310, and had 40 cases available. I refreshed the page every 30 seconds or so and watched as they sold out in 3 minutes.

The people buying ammunition for this price are killing any prospect of normality for at least the next year. All it would take is 10 flipping days of self control by the gun community to say “no more, we aren’t paying this much,” and we’d see prices slowly begin to fall. Instead, these geniuses are throwing fuel into the fire.

Sure glad that I took up 9mm reloading two years ago. Back then, everybody was saying that it was not worth the effort because 9mm is so cheap & plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    6-7 months ago, I was buying cases of Geco 9mm for $155 from TargetSportsUSA. They just came back into stock a few minutes ago for $310, and had 40 cases available. I refreshed the page every 30 seconds or so and watched as they sold out in 3 minutes.

The people buying ammunition for this price are killing any prospect of normality for at least the next year. All it would take is 10 flipping days of self control by the gun community to say “no more, we aren’t paying this much,” and we’d see prices slowly begin to fall. Instead, these geniuses are throwing fuel into the fire.
    I just found Geco 115 FMJ X 1,000 @ $440! :0 absolutely insane! Not knowing what the future holds, I’m tempted to buy a case, but that’s brutal!!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    Sure glad that I took up 9mm reloading two years ago. Back then, everybody was saying that it was not worth the effort because 9mm is so cheap & plentiful.
    I just got in an order of 124gr bullets from Xtreme. My mailman didn't look like he was enjoying it.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    This go around is a lot bigger than Sandy Hook. I'm not seeing .40 training ammo in stock in LGS, big box or police supply stores in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I just found Geco 115 FMJ X 1,000 @ $440! :0 absolutely insane! Not knowing what the future holds, I’m tempted to buy a case, but that’s brutal!!
    I sold some 9mm American Eagle in your general area this year for $250 per case.

User Tag List