Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Run what you brung - Stoeger M3000 transitioning duty

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    @kjr_29 have you had to do any modifications for it to function reliably with tactical buckshot? My Stoeger Freedom 3000 won’t eject reliably with reduced velocity 00. I also love the MOA adapter + SGA stock.
    Not at all. When I was using it for duck hunting, I had some extractor issues, but that Benelli M2 replacement extractor and spring kit that MOA sells solved that. The hook on the extractor was just not long/sharp enough to hang on to the rim of a 3” waterfowl load for the whole bolt cycle.

I did polish up the magazine tube and chamfer some edges of the bolt carrier, but those tips were something I saw from the 3-gun crowd and had performed also that first year of ownership.

I would look at two things for your situation:
    - hone the bore for smoothness
    - add that Benelli extractor and spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    @kjr_29 have you had to do any modifications for it to function reliably with tactical buckshot? My Stoeger Freedom 3000 won’t eject reliably with reduced velocity 00. I also love the MOA adapter + SGA stock.
    My M3K runs 100% with Winchester 00 and slugs, Federal LE 00 and any flavor 1 1/8oz “Handicap” target loads.
    It will short stroke on Fiocchi Defense low recoil 00 and my reduced recoil skeet loads. The recoil operated semi auto shotguns are a balancing act.

MOA sells a reduced power recoil spring for light load reliability in the Stoeger but I haven’t tried mine yet.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the info. I installed the reduced power recoil spring from MOA last week but haven’t test-fired yet. I also am trying to find the Benelli extractor but it looks like they are out of stock everywhere.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Hence my interest. the Yeti (Steve Fisher of Sentinel Concepts) had Vang Comp do a VR 870 with a similarly situated set of Trijicon HD pistol sights.
    Long long ago Gomez had someone (I THINK Texas Brigade Armory but can't swear to it) install a XS Big Dot front sight and the express rear for a Beretta Tomcat into the vent rib on a 870 Youth 20 gauge. WOW you talk about a fast and handy little gun.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Long long ago Gomez had someone (I THINK Texas Brigade Armory but can't swear to it) install a XS Big Dot front sight and the express rear for a Beretta Tomcat into the vent rib on a 870 Youth 20 gauge. WOW you talk about a fast and handy little gun.
    If I understand what you're describing, that's now a shotgun sight option available as a bundle from XS: https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...93618&CAT=8271

It's what I'd be looking at as the more expensive option vs. clamp-on sights like what the OP opted for here, whenever I get around to putting sights on my 870. Hence my definite interest in how the OP's sights hold up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    If I understand what you're describing, that's now a shotgun sight option available as a bundle from XS: https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx...93618&CAT=8271

It's what I'd be looking at as the more expensive option vs. clamp-on sights like what the OP opted for here, whenever I get around to putting sights on my 870. Hence my definite interest in how the OP's sights hold up.
    oooohhhhhhhhh..... I had not seen those.... And I picked up a M1Super90 on trade last year.....................

User Tag List