Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Run what you brung - Stoeger M3000 transitioning duty

Run what you brung - Stoeger M3000 transitioning duty

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    That looks very serviceable to these untrained eyes.
    They work great for what they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What are the sights on the vent rib ?
    Williams Fire Sight universal - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100600150?pid=671251

They were very easy to install and took minimal adjustment to zero. Green and red fiber make it easy to work. No complaints from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    No doubt scatterguns knock the crap out of WMLs. A light that might be fine an an AR may not fare as well on a shotgun. I can attest this one holds up, I ran it on an 1187P for a shotgun class and it took the beating in-stride;

Malkoff MDX22.3-M91T Throw Head on a MD3 body. No need for the high/low switch option on the head, and for the body order the standard tailcap (I modiify the McClicky for momentary-only for WML use). It runs fine on three standard CR123 batteries, or if you wish two 18500 Li-ion cells.

Great beam pattern too for the application (750 lumens/19,000 candela).
    NH that's a great looking shotgun. I don't want to sound irritatingly clever or smug, but I get all itchy just looking at all the poison ivy in the photo. I think I would wash that shotgun in warm soapy water before touching it.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    NH that's a great looking shotgun. I don't want to sound irritatingly clever or smug, but I get all itchy just looking at all the poison ivy in the photo. I think I would wash that shotgun in warm soapy water before touching it.
    Thanks!

My wife is horribly allergic to it, I'm immune to it. This is how I keep her from fondling my guns. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    No doubt scatterguns knock the crap out of WMLs. A light that might be fine an an AR may not fare as well on a shotgun. I can attest this one holds up, I ran it on an 1187P for a shotgun class and it took the beating in-stride;

Malkoff MDX22.3-M91T Throw Head on a MD3 body. No need for the high/low switch option on the head, and for the body order the standard tailcap (I modiify the McClicky for momentary-only for WML use). It runs fine on three standard CR123 batteries, or if you wish two 18500 Li-ion cells.

Great beam pattern too for the application (750 lumens/19,000 candela).
    Thoughts on the Wildcat? https://malkoffdevices.com/products/malkoff-wildcat

I’m liking the wider beam idea for inside my house on in my yard/home proximity. The throw head would be great on a center fire rifle though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    Thoughts on the Wildcat? https://malkoffdevices.com/products/malkoff-wildcat

I’m liking the wider beam idea for inside my house on in my yard/home proximity.
    I owned the Wildcat v.6 (previous version, 1600 lumens, now discontinued) and it was 100% as advertised: a wide, uniformly bright beam with little-to-no discernible central hot spot. And that, IMO, is the issue using it as a WML (especially inside the house): the bean is so wide that you will be illuminated from bounce off the walls/ceilings nearly as well as the target. The other issue with the latest iteration of the Wildcat is the larger diameter head - you will not be able to mount it as tight to the barrel and magazine.

The M61HOT and M91T actually have extremely wide spill too, it's just much less bright. It's bright enough outdoors to maintain SA within pistol or SG fighting distances, but focuses most of the lumens in the center of the beam where it's really needed when focused on a threat.

FWIW, the Modlte PLHv2 would be an excellent choice for this use as well.

Have not updated this in a bit.
    - MOA precision Magpul adapter allows the Mossberg 590 SGA to work, love this stock.
    - Snake Eater tactical Simple sling with long loop solved my front attachment.
    - Vang Comp shell card with some industrial hook/loop affixed to the receiver. (13rds on board)

Still no light or red dot but I’ll get there. Too many projects at the moment.

Thinking about having another 3/4” removed from the barrel to make it 18” total. It’s 18 3/4” now with my cut but liking this configuration, I just need to have it finished professionally now.

Are you still liking those sights? I’ve recently come into possession of an 870 and a cut down vent ribbed barrel, and I’m debating those or the Truglo version of the same idea vs. the XS pistol style sights that cost more and require paying someone to cut dovetails in the rib.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Are you still liking those sights? I’ve recently come into possession of an 870 and a cut down vent ribbed barrel, and I’m debating those or the Truglo version of the same idea vs. the XS pistol style sights that cost more and require paying someone to cut dovetails in the rib.
    I am. After working presentations to sort out sling length, my only wish is the front fiber was a little bigger, but that may be my 48yr old eyes and a red dot will fix that deficiency. Overall, happy with the purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    @kjr_29 have you had to do any modifications for it to function reliably with tactical buckshot? My Stoeger Freedom 3000 won’t eject reliably with reduced velocity 00. I also love the MOA adapter + SGA stock.
    Last edited by CarlK; 12-18-2020 at 12:15 AM.

User Tag List