Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Run what you brung - Stoeger M3000 transitioning duty

Some parts back in stock, positive progress. Thanks to Rick R for the Burris Fast Fire mount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Magpul Stock adapter eludes me still, hoping the adapters return to inventory soon so the SGA is an option.

Snakeater tactical simple sling enroute.

Re light : looking hard at the Streamlight ProTac HL-X rail mount. Has anyone used one on a shotgun with feedback k on the tape switch?

Any thoughts on magnaporting the barrel? Just curious.

I know others have reported issues with the HL-X, specifically problems with the batteries getting knocked out of alignment by recoil so it won't activate. I had one, and with CR123s the recoil of a 5.56 was enough for it to crap out. Supposedly some of them do better with an 18650, and maybe they made a fix since I got mine over a year ago, but I personally wouldn't buy one again for any use, much less a 12ga. If that price range was my limit I'd go with one the older ProTacs. For my uses, I've been happy spending a bit more (but still not Surefire money) for an Arisaka scout light. That and a Surefire tape switch would get you to the same place, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I know others have reported issues with the HL-X, specifically problems with the batteries getting knocked out of alignment by recoil so it won't activate. I had one, and with CR123s the recoil of a 5.56 was enough for it to crap out. Supposedly some of them do better with an 18650, and maybe they made a fix since I got mine over a year ago, but I personally wouldn't buy one again for any use, much less a 12ga. If that price range was my limit I'd go with one the older ProTacs. For my uses, I've been happy spending a bit more (but still not Surefire money) for an Arisaka scout light. That and a Surefire tape switch would get you to the same place, I think.
    Good feedback, thanks. I am not wedded to the Streamlight, not even a fan of the brand (not their fault, but an awful sales rep has really spoiled me on Streamlight) but I know they have decent products.

I really just liked the form factor and size with the pic rail on the left side of my Nordic barrel clamp. I suppose I could evaluate the Ohlight Odin as well. Will look at your recommendation too.

I have an X300u-A and SF handheld for home and ccw use, but really interested in the mid-level budget area for this build.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    The Arisaka options are great, thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    The Arisaka options are great, thanks for the recommendation.
    No problem, I wish I'd known about them before buying my HL-X. I also use a Surefire for EDC, but the Arisaka 600s are probably my go-to for long guns given the price and form factor. I will note that the one downside is that they aren't always in stock, probably because their production is dependent both on their own body and tailcap runs and on getting heads from Malkoff. Last I looked their 600 was in stock, so I'd consider grabbing it soon if you want one.

No doubt scatterguns knock the crap out of WMLs. A light that might be fine an an AR may not fare as well on a shotgun. I can attest this one holds up, I ran it on an 1187P for a shotgun class and it took the beating in-stride;

Malkoff MDX22.3-M91T Throw Head on a MD3 body. No need for the high/low switch option on the head, and for the body order the standard tailcap (I modiify the McClicky for momentary-only for WML use). It runs fine on three standard CR123 batteries, or if you wish two 18500 Li-ion cells.

Great beam pattern too for the application (750 lumens/19,000 candela).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    Some parts back in stock, positive progress. Thanks to Rick R for the Burris Fast Fire mount.

What are the sights on the vent rib ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What are the sights on the vent rib ?
    That looks very serviceable to these untrained eyes.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    That looks very serviceable to these untrained eyes.
    Hence my interest. the Yeti (Steve Fisher of Sentinel Concepts) had Vang Comp do a VR 870 with a similarly situated set of Trijicon HD pistol sights.

User Tag List