Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Run what you brung - Stoeger M3000 transitioning duty

Run what you brung - Stoeger M3000 transitioning duty

Happy Independence Day!

Two years ago, I picked up a Stoeger M3000 for duck hunting with the thought of doing some 3 gun one day. 3 gun never happened, just lost interest. Picked up an Over/Under which became my duck gun last season so the Stoeger sat unused until the “mostly peaceful” protestors in my area started threatening the burbs.

Pressed into action to supplement the normal HD tools, it was suboptimal at 28”, so in evaluating options, including a used model, new barrel, etc - I came to the conclusion that every part I need to covert the M3k to a tactical HD use exists from Taran Tactical, Nordic or MOA Precision, is cheaper than buying into a used Italian model which may need upgrades and I’ll have $$$ leftover for good federal buckshot and training classes and be ahead over spending precious cash on another option. I have shot Mossberg 590s before, plus a Super Nova - pumps are not my jam.

So, to that end, here is my plan.

- Cut 28” barrel to 19” (done)
    - Nordic MXT +2 or +3 (it hold 4+1 stock)
    - Nordic follower
    - Nordic clamp with pic rail for light
    - MOA oversized safety
    - MOA Magpul adapter
    - MOA match saver (maybe)
    - Magpul stock
    - Stoeger pic rail
    - BFG sling
    - Vang Comp spare ammo card with velcro
    - open loading port a bit

My M3k has about 500rds through it right now. I have already installed the Benelli extractor and polished the mag tube. The bolt carrier edges are smoothed, it runs great.

I’m stuck on a sighting solution so will start with a cheap fiber optic to check sight in with the good Federal Flight Control 8-pellet.

Any other recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My only thought is that I'd hold off on the stock until I decided on what sighting system I was going to use. Could be the Stoeger stock will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    My only thought is that I'd hold off on the stock until I decided on what sighting system I was going to use. Could be the Stoeger stock will work fine.
    Initially, looking at these two options to start:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005972033?pid=666597

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100600150?pid=671251

Thinking a Burris Fast Fire on the pic rail for the RDS.

I put a Magpul stock on my 24” M3K using an adapter from MOA. It really improved the guns handling and I can change LOP depending on seasonal dress. I also added a 5 round magazine tube extension from the same company.

I used a mounting plate from EGW to direct mount a Holosun 507c to the receiver.

A friend who use a Benelli in 3 gun competition suggested the Stoeger and so far it’s been an excellent reliable shotgun. Last weekend I shot 50 rounds of trap with the gun with full choked #8 shot, changed the choke tube to improved and hit a 8” steel plate 3 for 3 at 80 yards with slugs.

All in all it’s probably not a shotgun Joe Biden would approve of.

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    Initially, looking at these two options to start:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005972033?pid=666597

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100600150?pid=671251

Thinking a Burris Fast Fire on the pic rail for the RDS.
    If you are thinking Burris Fast Fire why don't you ditch the pic rail and get the speed bead mount?

If you are thinking Burris Fast Fire why don't you ditch the pic rail and get the speed bead mount?
    Sorry I missed that part. I’ve got the EGW mount for a Burris Fast Fire that I used until I decided to change to the Holosun. Feel free to send me a private message if you’re interested.

I’ve looked at it, but not sure it would work with the Magpul stock adapter though from MOA. Something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I put a Magpul stock on my 24” M3K using an adapter from MOA. It really improved the guns handling and I can change LOP depending on seasonal dress. I also added a 5 round magazine tube extension from the same company.

I used a mounting plate from EGW to direct mount a Holosun 507c to the receiver.

A friend who use a Benelli in 3 gun competition suggested the Stoeger and so far it’s been an excellent reliable shotgun. Last weekend I shot 50 rounds of trap with the gun with full choked #8 shot, changed the choke tube to improved and hit a 8” steel plate 3 for 3 at 80 yards with slugs.

All in all it’s probably not a shotgun Joe Biden would approve of.
    Thanks. LOP is what I was interested in affecting for the HD role.

I cannot picture how the Holosun mounts to the receiver, do you have a picture?

My hope is that Uncle Joe disapproves of this one as well

I’m not able to get pix of my shotgun for a couple days, here’s a link to the EGW site.

https://www.egwguns.com/universal-vi...ire-and-docter

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’m not able to get pix of my shotgun for a couple days, here’s a link to the EGW site.

https://www.egwguns.com/universal-vi...ire-and-docter
    No worries, I did not find this one earlier but the concept makes sense now.

User Tag List