Thread: Airweight for Sale Nearby

Airweight for Sale Nearby

The local lane rental place has a M12-2 for sale. 2" RB.
    The Good News: $249.99. No crack visible in receiver ring.
    The Bad News: Apparently refinished, the barrel and cylinder are blue, the receiver is gloss black. But the gloss black is likely spray, I found some orange peel. The extractor rod and yoke knuckle show wear, don't know why they didn't get reblued. Grips are more worn than present metal finish.

Cypress Creek Indoor Range, Florence Alabama
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Thanks for the heads up, I'm on it.

Site Supporter
    Edge of my lane re assessing revolvers.

IMHO if it is otherwise in good working order, throw down 2 crisp 100.00 and meet in the middle if you have to.

That is a gun that is meant to be shot enough to know what it will do. You are not likely to be shooting 100s of rounds a month with this gun.

The patina of life on it would not slow me down a bit for a vintage SW at 249 in my hand that was otherwise was a solid gun.

120 seconds of internet research seems to indicate that your version is K frame minus sized such that re gripping it might take a bit of work but certainly doable.

Let us know what you do.

I called and spoke to a very nice fellow who said he did not have a S&W Model 12 in stock. He did go look, and said he would do the FFL transfer for me.

Maybe he sold it already? I would have been on that like ugly on an ape, even just for spare parts.

Thanks for the heads up, I have been wanting a 2" Model 12 for a long time. Much appreciated on the tip!

Based on the fact that it is for sale at an indoor range, I would suggest that you strike a deal that you offer to put up the sale price of the revolver as a retainer, in order for you to take it for a short test drive to make sure that it is in proper mechanical working order.

Cosmetics are not a big deal. As long as does not spit/shave lead, push off, etc, then you can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Edge of my lane re assessing revolvers.

IMHO if it is otherwise in good working order, throw down 2 crisp 100.00 and meet in the middle if you have to.

That is a gun that is meant to be shot enough to know what it will do. You are not likely to be shooting 100s of rounds a month with this gun.

The patina of life on it would not slow me down a bit for a vintage SW at 249 in my hand that was otherwise was a solid gun.

120 seconds of internet research seems to indicate that your version is K frame minus sized such that re gripping it might take a bit of work but certainly doable.

Let us know what you do.
    I know a guy that has a set of authentic grips for one. And another guy that will likely be visiting here this fall who knows a good bit that would have helped me as well.

Oh well, better luck next time.

Well, darn, sorry you missed out on it.
    The range does have a "test drive" policy that will let you shoot a few rounds through a gun you are contemplating.

Me? I've GOT my M12. Rubber grip and a bobbed hammer, a good "overcoat pocket" gun.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List