Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Another highway take-over, another group of protesters struck

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Yes, as the app uses crowd-sourced data. More importantly, Waze will change the routing on the fly when you do not follow the provided instructions. I use this feature frequently when I decide that my eyes do not like the route Waze is promoting. Waze promotes the fastest route, not necessarily the safest route. I once had to leave I-65 in Nashville due to a bad wreck closing the interstate just north of the Capitol and Waze wanted to route me through a not-nice area. I ignored the instructions and detoured to the east, eventually ending up in a better to my eyes area, then followed the app, and headed north back to I-65.
    This. WAZE is super popular in Atlanta but you must be situationally aware when you get rerouted off major routes. I have been watching for traffic backups and police icons on the WAZE screen as a “clue”.

Site Supporter
    I made casualty payments in Iraq, Camels were worth more than local children. Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    This. WAZE is super popular in Atlanta but you must be situationally aware when you get rerouted off major routes. I have been watching for traffic backups and police icons on the WAZE screen as a “clue”.
    After getting routed through east Oakland, and through Felony Flats here in Portland, I deleted Waze.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    You'd be surprised.

From the hashtag feed last night, it seems the Driver was Eritrian (a person of color.) The two young ladies where white.

There is a serious discussion that ensued about how "racism can be devoid of color" to rationalize the event to fit the narrative.

I am not making this up.

It's like an entire segment of the country all of a sudden has the critical thinking capacity of a turnip.
    I'm confused. I thought all lives matter was white supremacy at its peak. People need to make up their damned minds...

Site Supporter
    I've always looked at printed maps before starting out as I found that on the fly entry into navigation systems will take you on convoluted weird roads to save time. I see on the real map, major road X to major road Y. The system does some Pythagorean trip through Deliverance Drive and Satan Street.

I found Google Maps resistant to letting you drag the route to the path you want. It starts to draw spaghetti routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    After getting routed through east Oakland, and through Felony Flats here in Portland, I deleted Waze.
    That was the biggest drawback I've read about that app.

I know that there are "crime and place" apps out there that some folks use. I don't use anything but standard GPS in the vehicle.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That was the biggest drawback I've read about that app.

I know that there are "crime and place" apps out there that some folks use. I don't use anything but standard GPS in the vehicle.
    If Waze had a violent crime heat map layer, or a route option that minimized hot spots, I'd use that.

Having finger guns pointed at me when I was stopped at one of the 50 stop signs on the route was a dealbreaker. I really hate Waze.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

You'd be surprised.

From the hashtag feed last night, it seems the Driver was Eritrian (a person of color.) The two young ladies where white.

There is a serious discussion that ensued about how "racism can be devoid of color" to rationalize the event to fit the narrative.

I am not making this up.

It's like an entire segment of the country all of a sudden has the critical thinking capacity of a turnip.
    Like I said. You literally can't make this shit up.

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-07-05 15-16-50.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  39.5 KB

Like I said. You literally can't make this shit up.

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-07-05 15-16-50.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  39.5 KB
    Name:  74D407F4-3E0D-4955-AADE-3E3286025C4B.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  69.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I'm confused. I thought all lives matter was white supremacy at its peak. People need to make up their damned minds...
    "Our tribe good; your tribe bad".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List