Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Another highway take-over, another group of protesters struck

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    @Lost River: So I was driving along in my Humvee, when all of a sudden this camel comes outta nowhere...
    Iraqi cop: (Thinking) Fucking infidel drivers.
    @Hambo

Grin! Those things are HUGE! I can imagine the mess that was.

How bad was it? Having to put one down I can imagine would result in quite a bit of paperwork for people.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    @Hambo

Grin! Those things are HUGE! I can imagine the mess that was.

How bad was it? Having to put one down I can imagine would result in quite a bit of paperwork for people.
    I've seen the remnants of a Mustang convertible that took a camel out at the knees. Turns out the camel is tall enough it falls into the passenger compartment. Fatally, in that case. I might have pictures on my old computer.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've seen the remnants of a Mustang convertible that took a camel out at the knees. Turns out the camel is tall enough it falls into the passenger compartment. Fatally, in that case. I might have pictures on my old computer.
    I've read that the same thing happens with moose.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I've seen it in WY.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Speaking of camels, many years ago, this non sanitized pic ended up being in the ESS sunglasses calendar for February or Valentines day promo (I can't remember now, it has been way too long). "Caught in the Camel's clutch" or something like that. A friend was co-owner of the company and I had sent him the pic of the overly friendly beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Do the aps like Waze, report such closures in real time? I'd certainly check before getting on the roads in cities with such going on.
    Yes, as the app uses crowd-sourced data. More importantly, Waze will change the routing on the fly when you do not follow the provided instructions. I use this feature frequently when I decide that my eyes do not like the route Waze is promoting. Waze promotes the fastest route, not necessarily the safest route. I once had to leave I-65 in Nashville due to a bad wreck closing the interstate just north of the Capitol and Waze wanted to route me through a not-nice area. I ignored the instructions and detoured to the east, eventually ending up in a better to my eyes area, then followed the app, and headed north back to I-65.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post

Yeah, elk and moose are brutal when it comes to vehicle collisions.

Speaking of camels, many years ago, this non sanitized pic ended up being in the ESS sunglasses calendar for February or Valentines day promo (I can't remember now, it has been way too long). "Caught in the Camel's clutch" or something like that. A friend was co-owner of the company and I had sent him the pic of the overly friendly beast.

Fuck camels. They are evil creatures. The only things I like about them are the sound it makes when you hit one with a softball size rock, and the way they taste.

Name:  IMG_6121.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  51.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3524.jpeg
Views: 270
Size:  50.6 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Dear journal:

Day 251 in country. Have ceased resisting the camel's advances.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I read elsewhere that one of the rioter/protesters blocking the road that was struck by the car had died.

Honestly, I don't feel the least bit sorry for them.

The same thing that I tell my kids comes to mind.

You are free to do as you wish, but you are not free of the consequences of your actions.

User Tag List