Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Another highway take-over, another group of protesters struck

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Like I said. You literally can't make this shit up.

Attachment 56923
    I saw that pic on a Twitter post. It said the deceased was a "non-binary BLM supporter". The very next reply was someone saying "Let him go. It's what she would have wanted". I gave it 5 stars on the snark scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I saw that pic on a Twitter post. It said the deceased was a "non-binary BLM supporter". The very next reply was someone saying "Let him go. It's what she would have wanted". I gave it 5 stars on the snark scale.
    That's disgusting! I can't believe they referred to that person as "she".
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Looks like someone at wastatepatrol finally figured this out. It's always been illegal for pedestrians to be on the freeway for a really good reason.

After the tragedy, the State Patrol announced it wasn’t letting protesters on the freeway, writing, “The @wastatepatrol will not be allowing protesters to enter I-5. For the safety of all citizens including protesters and motorists, pedestrians walking on the freeway will be arrested.”
    https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/dawit-kelete/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I wonder what the first clue was...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Probably when an attorney told them what they were doing was a yuge legal liability for the state. By closing a freeway the state is signaling to the public that the freeway is being made safe for them and they, being the legal authority here, are taking responsibility for pedestrians safety in an otherwise unsafe place.

It won't surprise when Kelete uses the I was confused and disoriented as a defense. I don't think he was but how is someone to know for sure that he wasn't? Someone on a jury can't possibly know that unless some evidence is presented that he wasn't.

Plus the WSP is going to be sued for creating the environment where pedestrians were allowed to be on the freeway, especially at night. That was an administrative train wreck that won't go unnoticed when the WSP has to pay out a few million after the law suits all get settled.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Must be when that new TV show started filming in Seattle...I heard they named it Dancing With the Cars.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-06-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Probably when an attorney told them what they were doing was a yuge legal liability for the state. By closing a freeway the state is signaling to the public that the freeway is being made safe for them and they, being the legal authority here, are taking responsibility for pedestrians safety in an otherwise unsafe place.

It won't surprise when Kelete uses the I was confused and disoriented as a defense. I don't think he was but how is someone to know for sure that he wasn't? Someone on a jury can't possibly know that unless some evidence is presented that he wasn't.

Plus the WSP is going to be sued for creating the environment where pedestrians were allowed to be on the freeway, especially at night. That was an administrative train wreck that won't go unnoticed when the WSP has to pay out a few million after the law suits all get settled.
    I certainly hope the survivor of the incident sues the ever living crap out if the state/city whoever was involved with making a decision that set up a dangerous protest area, then failed to protect it or whatever legal beagle word smithing is required.

I’d even love it if the driver sued for the emotional trauma the city/state whatever caused him with the totality negligent attempt at keeping protestors and drivers safe.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    I certainly hope the survivor of the incident sues the ever living crap out if the state/city whoever was involved with making a decision that set up a dangerous protest area, then failed to protect it or whatever legal beagle word smithing is required.

I’d even love it if the driver sued for the emotional trauma the city/state whatever caused him with the totality negligent attempt at keeping protestors and drivers safe.
    I can tell you from my experience that one will be a slam dunk for a quick million or two from the state. Especially given that a liberal judge will probably determine the settlement. The state is so f'd here and they know it. I've been involved in a few of these and the outcome was never good for us.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-06-2020 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Must be when that new TV show started filming in Seattle...I heard they named it Dancing With the Cars.
    That one needs Totem Polar's grinning bulldog picture for emphasis.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

While I'm sure such a lawsuit would succeed, I can't help but feel sorrow at the thought. Being stupid enough to dance around in a fucking interstate shouldn't net you a 7-digit chunk of taxpayer money because your idiocy is somehow the state's fault.

User Tag List