Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Proud to be American - Celebrating the 4th of July

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    1852-1922: William Halsted. Father of modern surgery.

In addition to a slew of foundational achievements, here is one of the more attention grabbing highlights from his Wiki entry:

In 1882 he performed one of the first gallbladder operations in the United States, a cholecystotomy performed on his mother on the kitchen table at 2 am in which he removed seven gallstones.[16] His mother completely recovered.[12] Halsted also performed one of the first emergency blood transfusions in the United States.[16] He had been called to see his sister after she had given birth. He found her moribund from blood loss, and in a bold move withdrew his own blood, transfused his blood into his sister, and then operated on her to save her life.
    America. Fuck yeah.

12/9/1960

10/24/1902: Wilbur Wright in action
    Last edited by P30; 07-04-2020 at 12:41 PM.

No caption necessary

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

2019, when we finally discovered where all of those misplaced left socks go...

Name:  blackhole-1575299131.png
Views: 178
Size:  82.2 KB

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/first-b...ay-2019-04-10/
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Not a single day goes by that I am not thankful to God to be a citizen of this great country. The United States is unique in the world and no other nation in the history of the world has given so much opportunity and abundance to so many people.

Since childhood one of my biggest hero’s was Igor Sikorsky - “Father of the Helicopter”

Already a successful engineer in Russia - he left everything he had to move to the USA and escape the Godless and evil communists that took over his motherland. In his new home he helped develop the airline industry with the Pan Am Clippers and would go on to give us the Helicopter. It always gave me such pride that during the height of the Cold War - many of the aircraft that stood in the the way of Soviet aggression bore the name of a Russian emigre.

Igor Sikorsky was also a man of God, writing on The Lord’s Prayer. He represents the best of America and served as a role model for me.
    I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of people are alive today because of the helicopter?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of people are alive today because of the helicopter?
    I've met a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    No caption necessary

The real anti-fascist youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I've met a few.
    Likewise.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List