Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grayguns HK P30 Straight Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    @Sig_Fiend I have a short, slide release lever from HK; I see you have the ‘extremely short’ model
    Yeah, I decided to experiment with the short and slim version. Even though it's just listed for the P30SK, it absolutely fits the full size P30. I tend to have a really aggressive thumbs forward grip. Although I haven't had as big of an issue with premature lockback or failure to lock open on the P30 as I do with Glocks, I've had it happen a bit. So far, this release has worked just fine. It takes just a bit more focus and deliberate motion to consistently hit it, but it hasn't been a big deal so far.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Yeah, I decided to experiment with the short and slim version. Even though it's just listed for the P30SK, it absolutely fits the full size P30. I tend to have a really aggressive thumbs forward grip. Although I haven't had as big of an issue with premature lockback or failure to lock open on the P30 as I do with Glocks, I've had it happen a bit. So far, this release has worked just fine. It takes just a bit more focus and deliberate motion to consistently hit it, but it hasn't been a big deal so far.
    I still hit mine occasionally, but so far I’m happy with it. I don’t remember ever seeing the one you have, I was assuming you just cut it yourself.

The official HK parts numbers for the very short and slim levers pictured above are 227705 (left side) and 227706 (right side), just in case you want to order from HK direct. I have them on my P30 and they fixed the problem of my thumbs riding the slide release. However, I find them too minimal to reliably engage the slide release (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    The official HK parts numbers for the very short and slim levers pictured above are 227705 (left side) and 227706 (right side), just in case you want to order from HK direct. I have them on my P30 and they fixed the problem of my thumbs riding the slide release. However, I find them too minimal to reliably engage the slide release (so far).
    Thanks. So far, I feel that the short lever is the best compromise, for me, but it's nice to know there is another option if i need it.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Thanks for the detailed report-interesting. I guess my question is, "Do you think the benefits significantly outweigh that you've presumably toasted your HK warranty?"

It sounds like the break occurs when the blade reached the vertical position, so is the additional rearward movement depicted in your images represent over-travel?

Best, Jon
    Wanted to mention this, despite this post being a little dated that I'm replying to. I had a problem with how the VP9 trigger works with my fingers (short), or really should say doesn't work FOR ME and could not reliably get the trigger to function because my finger would ride above the dingus safety and leave no action. I mentioned about getting an aftermarket trigger and whether it would void the warranty on the pistol and the rep said that it shouldn't if it's just the trigger part itself.

This part swap seems fairly benign in that it literally just rotates on a hinge, I don't see it causing problems down the line at all. To my understanding, it would only not be warranted if the part itself were to have caused a failure in some way. They'd still fix whatever parts were required but it would be at a cost. The warranty is only there to protect you in the case of manufacturer's parts being deemed problematic, obviously any part you swap in cannot be covered if they didn't produce it.

I may have to revisit the idea of one of these triggers if what the OP is saying about it not increasing reach is true. Seems it would have to bump it just a smidge forward but I wonder how noticeable it is for those with small hands.

Wow, never knew about that smaller slide lock lever. But $80...sheesh!

I rarely necro-post but It took me a while to decide to order a Grayguns straight trigger for my HK P30 with 4.1CH LEM springs and parts setup.

My finding with a cloth waist tape measure on the P30 is the sear let-off point for the trigger (by wrapping the tape around the unloaded pistol and pulling tape until let-off) is rather far back compared to other similar pistols. With the OEM trigger the cloth tape was showing a let-off point at only 5 7/8" compared to a measured sear let-off point of roughly 6 1/8" for both my HK VP9 and CZ P01. I needed to use the large backstrap and large side plates to get the HK P30 let-off out to about 6 1/8" so it felt comfortable in my 8" long right hand size (from tip of FU salute finger to the crease under palm). I find the large set of grip parts just a little too big for my taste in appendix carry.

I bought & installed the Grayguns P30 straight trigger and it extended the trigger reach by about 1/4" with my crude way of measuring. This is with my preferred medium backstrap, medium left grip plate and large right grip plate, so it now measures about 6 1/8' and I'm happy with the results. After installation I weighed the straight trigger at the lower crease (rather than the middle of the hook of the OEM trigger) and it measured about 2 ounces lighter than OEM (5 lbs. 3 ounces for the straight trigger vs. 5 lbs. 5 ounces for the OEM with my current set of springs).

Strangely I did not have any trouble reinstalling the HK trigger spring. I used a broken wooden dowel as a makeshift tool kind of like what a monkey in the woods would do and it worked perfectly
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

User Tag List