Thread: Thoughts on the Grand Power X-Calibur?

Thoughts on the Grand Power X-Calibur?

One of these popped up on the website of a LGS. It looks interesting but I don’t know anything about them other than it’s a 5” 9mm gamer gun from Slovakia.

Looks like mags are available from the importer for $30-ish which isn’t bad. Are they proprietary or based off something like the B92/CZ75/etc?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    One of these popped up on the website of a LGS. It looks interesting but I don’t know anything about them other than it’s a 5” 9mm gamer gun from Slovakia.

Looks like mags are available from the importer for $30-ish which isn’t bad. Are they proprietary or based off something like the B92/CZ75/etc?
    Grand Master P.E. Kelley is also a member of PF. Hopefully he'll chime in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKItNcuy0I8
    Last edited by gomerpyle; 08-19-2023 at 05:47 PM.

They are great guns. The rotating barrel gives great controllability for a plastic pistol, the trigger is great out of the box, oversized controls for competition use.

The mags are CZ75 based but with an extra cut for their ambi mag release, and a different floorplate and probably follower.

Big downside would be the lack of aftermarket support. For competition use it comes pretty much good to go out of the box, though I don't know if anyone does optic cuts for these pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    Grand Master P.E. Kelley is also a member of PF. Hopefully he'll chime in....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKItNcuy0I8
    Thanks! I actually found his posts here and that video last night but nothing more recent. I was curious if they ended up crashing and burning or if they just got lost in the sea of decent-to-pretty-good competition guns. It looks like Global Ordnance is still bringing them in, I just don't see any discussion on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    They are great guns. The rotating barrel gives great controllability for a plastic pistol, the trigger is great out of the box, oversized controls for competition use.

The mags are CZ75 based but with an extra cut for their ambi mag release, and a different floorplate and probably follower.

Big downside would be the lack of aftermarket support. For competition use it comes pretty much good to go out of the box, though I don't know if anyone does optic cuts for these pistols.
    Thanks, I didn't realize it was a rotator like the PX4 and a rotating bull barrel has got to be on the unusual side of pistol design. This would be just a fun gun shot for enjoyment so aftermarket parts and optics aren't a huge consideration.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Every video I've seen of one has exhibited feeding/function problems...not a whole lot of videos out there, though. No idea if they're aberrations, or if that's common.

Site Supporter
    I have owned one for about 7 years, have close to 10,000 rounds through it. It is my favorite 9 mm by far. Double action is about 10 lb but very smooth. Single action on mine is 3 and 1/2 lb. I have had very few issues other than letting it get too dirty. I picked up a Shadow 2 6 months ago to replace the X-calibur, but I still shoot the grand power better. I have seen X-caliburs with optic cuts, but I do not recall which company did that. Red Hill Tactical makes holsters for them

Thanks! I got to handle the one listed for sale this afternoon and it's interesting. The grip seemed a bit small but I don't know which back strap was installed. Plus I'd just spent an hour or so shooting a B92 and a P-07 so it could have just been my hand calibration was expecting something bigger*. Definitely thinking about it.

Name:  she said.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  44.9 KB

User Tag List