Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grayguns HK P30 Straight Trigger

Grayguns HK P30 Straight Trigger

I just got an email from GG about this new trigger; it looks interesting, but I've never had a gun with a flat trigger, so I'm not sure if I'd like it. I like my OEM trigger, and don't see any problem with it, so I guess that means, for me, this is a problem looking for a solution?

Thoughts...

https://grayguns.com/product/hk-p30-straight-trigger/

On the one hand I’m glad they consider the P30 worthy of developing products for. On the other hand, I’m not a fan of straight triggers (1911s excluded) and I’m doubly not a fan of dicking with non-OEM parts in a gun that I mainly chose for its reliability and durability.

This is much more interesting to me than the Grayguns Short Reset System for the P30sk. I can deal with the long reset, but the break point is so far back that I could never really get used to it with my long fingers, even with the largest back strap. A flat trigger with a 90 degree wall, less over travel and shortened reset sounds amazing. But I'm not really a fan of modifying internals or triggers on defensive pistols, especially carry pistols.

I DO like flat triggers but here it just looks....football bat-ish to me.

Do flat triggers make any sense in the long LEM trigger pulls? It seems to me (no flat trigger experience) that the angle would be awkward during the initial take-up?

Pass

I like flat triggers in general, but this doesn’t look appealing to me. It definitely seems like the initial take up would be very awkward. I also feel like dicking with the trigger would undermine the reason I chose the P30 platform to begin with.

Yeah, In the pic they show, the angle of the trigger seems very drastic (forward), which I agree, seems like it would be awkward.

I have one on the way. Once I get it installed, I'll post pics and thoughts. I do have my concerns about what looks like the extreme angle in the pictures, though it sounds like with LEM it's less of an issue, based on comments I saw I think on Instagram. For reference, this will be going in a P30 LEM with 4.1CH + GGI short reset kit.

I'm never really concerned about the non-OEM angle when it comes to GGI parts. In this case, being heat treated tool steel, I'm sure it will be just fine. We know the OEM trigger works just fine and is plenty durable. However, it is fun to experiment!
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Does the short reset also reduce the take up?

User Tag List