Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX Combat

I previously had a full sized that I sold. Actually wish I hadn’t now, but I was divesting myself of all striker fired guns at the time to focus 100% on DA/SA. That full sized one aced the 2K round challenge without any issues. I shot it fairly well too.

Now I’ve got a Centurion. I’m digging it right now. Don’t yet have 2K on it, but I do believe I have a thousand through it. No issues with it so far either

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I previously had a full sized that I sold. Actually wish I hadn’t now, but I was divesting myself of all striker fired guns at the time to focus 100% on DA/SA. That full sized one aced the 2K round challenge without any issues. I shot it fairly well too.

Now I’ve got a Centurion. I’m digging it right now. Don’t yet have 2K on it, but I do believe I have a thousand through it. No issues with it so far either
    Did you put a lightweight striker spring in it? Those things are wonderful.

Vending Machine Operator
    I ran my first 200 through my APX a month or two ago. It ran great, no bobbles, typical Beretta. I am still getting used to the trigger but it sure as hell is a better handgun than the $324 I paid for it.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Did you put a lightweight striker spring in it? Those things are wonderful.
    Honestly, I haven’t felt the need to. I’m happy with it as is, and I’m a little leery about putting a “competition” part in what could be a carry gun. I know opinions on that topic vary, but I’ve long preferred to err on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I ran my first 200 through my APX a month or two ago. It ran great, no bobbles, typical Beretta. I am still getting used to the trigger but it sure as hell is a better handgun than the $324 I paid for it.
    They’re a terrific buy. I got the Centurion kind of on a lark. A manager at a LGS was asking me about one cheap gun after another. He wanted something lower cost than a Glock for the budget conscious shoppers that came in. After mentioning all kinds of off brand stuff and asking what I knew about them I suggested he get an APX. Told him it’s a cheap gun but it’s a Beretta, so customers will at least recognize the name.

Then I said, hell, just order me one of them Centurion versions. I’ll be your test mule. Keep in mind, I’d had the full size before, so I knew they were solid. He handled my Centurion when it came in, and he was keeping them around until the Covid hit and cleared everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Honestly, I haven’t felt the need to. I’m happy with it as is, and I’m a little leery about putting a “competition” part in what could be a carry gun. I know opinions on that topic vary, but I’ve long preferred to err on the side of caution.
    That's fair. For reference, I have over 4,000 rounds on guns with that part in it, and zero light primer hits.

Site Supporter
    Are there supressor height sights available yet for the apx? I googled but have come up empty.

Site Supporter
    I really like my Centurion. I paid about $300 for it, which was an amazing value.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Have a Combat and a Centurion myself. Bought them during one of the rebates for more than current prices. They are indeed overrated guns. Hopefully the double run on guns this year gets enough of them out there for people to see what they're missing. My only complaint is that they must be using a hydraulic press to install sights.

Site Supporter
    Those of you that have shot the full size and Centurion APX's side by side - which one did you prefer?

User Tag List