Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX Combat

Beretta APX Combat

(21 round OEM magazine)

I've been wanting one of these for a while, but I didn't have the money. Then with the pandemic, I couldn't find one. I was finally able to find one online for only $470 shipped with shipping fees added. I only put 100 rounds thus far, and it's been flawless. Anyone else own an APX?

Very nice. The APX is one of the best values out there in the defensive handgun market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Very nice. The APX is one of the best values out there in the defensive handgun market.

I agree. I own a decent collection of pistols, and the APX is one of my favorites...

Site Supporter
    Any agencies issuing the APX? I examined the weapon at last year's TacOps East and liked the weapon. The sales guy (sadly, no booth babe at the Beretta table) told me a few smaller agencies used the weapon, but couldn't name them. He said the APX was in testing to become an authorized NYPD pistol which would have been a major coup. Having been through the ordeal of a little-proven pistol at my last agency, I hesitate to plunge into another such venture.

I have the full size and it’s great.

Very true. I see them for $329 online, and they’re just as good as their $500 tp $600 counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Any agencies issuing the APX? I examined the weapon at last year's TacOps East and liked the weapon. The sales guy (sadly, no booth babe at the Beretta table) told me a few smaller agencies used the weapon, but couldn't name them. He said the APX was in testing to become an authorized NYPD pistol which would have been a major coup. Having been through the ordeal of a little-proven pistol at my last agency, I hesitate to plunge into another such venture.
    The Polish National Police selected the full sized 9mm APX last year;

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...e-beretta-apx/

The Polish National Police selected the full sized 9mm APX last year;

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...e-beretta-apx/

Is that a positive??

I think a couple departments in Tennessee use them.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    It's pretty much smaller onsie-twosie departments that issue them right now. A friend that I deployed with is a cop in NJ and his department just bought a bunch of them. The only problem with the APX, and this is something I've discussed with Beretta, was that it was the last of the MHS guns to hit the market so people kind of forgot about it.

Beretta did a great job of addressing that with their price adjustment, and the gun is a fucking hot seller now. Plus, there are a number of good upgrades for the guns available directly from Beretta, including the lightened striker spring, which I think is a must have.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    It's pretty much smaller onsie-twosie departments that issue them right now. A friend that I deployed with is a cop in NJ and his department just bought a bunch of them. The only problem with the APX, and this is something I've discussed with Beretta, was that it was the last of the MHS guns to hit the market so people kind of forgot about it.

Beretta did a great job of addressing that with their price adjustment, and the gun is a fucking hot seller now. Plus, there are a number of good upgrades for the guns available directly from Beretta, including the lightened striker spring, which I think is a must have.
    I agree fully. If I was looking to get into a striker gun platform these days, the APX would be a strong choice for me. I had a compact 9 a couple years ago and sold it to help thin out some guns I did not have a use for. They are excellent for sure.

User Tag List