Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th of July! What Ya carryin' today Friends?

Site Supporter
    M&P45 full-size 1.0, JMCK IWB#3, Microstream, mass-production Kershaw of some description. The background is the cover garment I wore yesterday.

Name:  4julycarry1.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  83.2 KB
    Last edited by revchuck38; 07-05-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I actually have a titanium cross from Elishewirtz that a buddy had him make while he had a knife there getting a custom frame.
    I realize that I ought to add that the Stryker is one of the early Benchmade examples rather than the bespoke version.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Happy 4th of July! What Ya carryin' today Friends?

LCR 9mm JMCK IWB 3
    Microtech UTX-85 DE
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Langdon custom Beretta 92 LTT in Master's OWB, S&W 340 M&P in Sticky pocket holster.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Smith and Wesson 3.5" Model 27 N frame revolver customized by Fuzzy Farrant.

Carried in a bespoke basketweave custom leather holster.

Whilst eating BBQ from Salt Lick BBQ, in Driftwood, TX.

Attachment 56858
    Thou shall not covet. Thou shall not covet. Thou shall not covet....

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Thou shall not covet. Thou shall not covet. Thou shall not covet....
    If you live near Texas I'll let you shoot it sometime.

A pistol that nice rates quality leather goods. This was a custom by Mike "Doc" Barranti at Barranti Leather Company. Many thanks to DB for the hookup.

Name:  Farrant-Barranti 1.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  77.7 KB

Name:  Farrant-Barranti 2.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  Farrant-Barranti 3.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  59.2 KB

It is ridiculously fast, yet very secure. The adjustable retention screw stays set.

I need to get off my butt, and ask Doc to make me a pair of single speedloader carriers to match it, and a belt carrier that holds six single rounds in loops to top it off with.

I am not going to be able to carry it to a board meeting in downtown Dallas anytime soon, however. Thanks, COVID.

This pistol loves Winchester Gold Medal Match 148-grain wadcutters in 38 Special, and will stack holes with the old Winchester 145-grain Silvertip rounds in .357 Magnum. That ammo is a challenge to find for under a buck a round, but I am told it did the Lord's work on miscreants.

My son is a chef who really likes nice knives, as he earns his living with them. So I brought my new Joe Watson knife to let him handle.

Name:  JWatson Custom1.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  82.0 KB

It's double-edged, and I wanted a blade set up like this after taking EWO with @SouthNarc. He gave me some excellent advice and training regarding double-edged knives, and it planted a seed that lead to this being built. Joe is exceedingly kind and gracious, and found time to make it this spring. The man is really, really busy, and is currently working on a project you will all love a great deal.

The handles are desert ironwood, which is kinda neat. I grew up in the Chihuahuan Desert of Texas, and yearn for it constantly.

And I can tell you, smoked brisket and ribs melt before it's path. It also received loving caresses from a pair of Texas DPS troopers, who spent at least five minutes at our picnic table admiring it. Really great guys, we invited them to share our lunch. Both had recently been up in Dallas, working damn hard to keep folks safe.

A terrific way to spend the day - great food, great people in a great country.

A pistol that nice rates quality leather goods. This was a custom by Mike "Doc" Barranti at Barranti Leather Company. Many thanks to DB for the hookup.

It is ridiculously fast, yet very secure. The adjustable retention screw stays set.

I need to get off my butt, and ask Doc to make me a pair of single speedloader carriers to match it, and a belt carrier that holds six single rounds in loops to top it off with.

I am not going to be able to carry it to a board meeting in downtown Dallas anytime soon, however. Thanks, COVID.

This pistol loves Winchester Gold Medal Match 148-grain wadcutters in 38 Special, and will stack holes with the old Winchester 145-grain Silvertip rounds in .357 Magnum. That ammo is a challenge to find for under a buck a round, but I am told it did the Lord's work on miscreants.

My son is a chef who really likes nice knives, as he earns his living with them. So I brought my new Joe Watson knife to let him handle.

It's double-edged, and I wanted a blade set up like this after taking EWO with @SouthNarc. He gave me some excellent advice and training regarding double-edged knives, and it planted a seed that lead to this being built. Joe is exceedingly kind and gracious, and found time to make it this spring. The man is really, really busy, and is currently working on a project you will all love a great deal.

The handles are desert ironwood, which is kinda neat. I grew up in the Chihuahuan Desert of Texas, and yearn for it constantly.

And I can tell you, smoked brisket and ribs melt before it's path. It also received loving caresses from a pair of Texas DPS troopers, who spent at least five minutes at our picnic table admiring it. Really great guys, we invited them to share our lunch. Both had recently been up in Dallas, working damn hard to keep folks safe.

Thank you, that is quite generous and typical of the type of people on this forum. Maybe, one day I’ll make it back to Texas. That revolver is my grail gun. The 3 1/2” 357 Magnum has haunted me for decades. There are a couple on Gunbroker that I spotted tonight, and as it is whenever I see one for sale, nows not a good time to be spending money.

The combination of revolver and holster is perfect. Your Independence Day sounds like it was one for the books. A great revolver, in a great state, great food and family.... on the birthday of the greatest country in the world.

Seriously, let me know if you ever get back here. Bullets, BBQ and Bourbon are on me.

<Insert thumbs-up icon and waving Texas flag here.>

Site Supporter

Is Joe's next venture a secret? I saw he was getting out of knife making.

Site Supporter
    Nothing out of the ordinary. Issued G23 with two reloads and a 442 in the front pocket with a two pair loaded speed strip in the same pocket to keep it company...

User Tag List