Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th of July! What Ya carryin' today Friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Is Joe's next venture a secret? I saw he was getting out of knife making.
    It's not a secret, but has not been widely publicized yet.

As many of you might know, Joe is a US Army combat veteran. He's also a very big supporter of law enforcement and veteran organizations, but especially Mission22.

https://mission22.com/home

He is working on an amazing 1911 pistol right now that will be raffled off to raise money for that organization. Joe's doing this out of his own pocket, with the assistance of some friends.

This will be a very well-tuned firearm that will have had famous 1911 folks lay hands upon it and shoot it. It will not be auctioned, instead he's going to offer raffle tickets. That way an ordinary working stiff like you or I can buy a chance at it.

It will come with a spiffy presentation case, and a leather-covered notebook signed by all the people who had a hand in the project. You will recognize the names.

This has been in the making for some time, and has been moving forward for over a year.

I know that there are often legal rules associated with advertising raffles. I will, of course, stay within those rules and P-F forum policies. The last thing anybody wants is for best intentions to cause problems for good people.

Thank you for asking, and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Beautiful! I'm 14 weeks into my Milt Sparks BN55 order for my 5906 - if it was here that's what I'd be packing;
    Three weeks too late but it has arrived!

Another 4th is upon us and its time to look in the safe ..

This year I am going back literally 30 years.

I bought this Colt Officer's ACP and Executive Companion in 1991. I recall reading too much Roy Huntington in American Handgunner. He had one, I thought it was just a cool piece and I thought it would be the perfect companion for a 5" gun for LE and off duty porpoises.

So today I will be kicking it like its 1991.

This gun has some miles on it now. Not the most practical today, in the age of plastic, but it is still a beautiful little blaster!

Is anybody carrying anything special for the day?

Tomahawk is in my summit pack but will be carried for a few hours as a result and in arm's reach for the rest of the day:

Name:  Fourth2021.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  91.6 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Ruger LCR with wadcutters 'cause I intend to get kilt in the streetz (assuming I go out on the streetz today).

Chris
    Oddly enough, I'm carrying the same thing today, a year later.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Oddly enough, I'm carrying the same thing today, a year later.

Chris
    Me too, except a CRKT Pilar is subbing for the Stryker.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 07-04-2021 at 11:50 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Beat up 642. Just got back from the hardware store, and about to go up on the roof to patch a couple of leaky spots that made some problems yesterday during the afternoon monsoon. I’ll probably just stick with the 642 for the day.

Spyderco Sage for the blade, but I’ll have a razor knife on the roof, too.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My everyday pistols, a Glock 17.3 with the frame cut to Glock 26 length by Cold Bore Customs in a Sparks VM-2 and a Seecamp LWS .32 in an Aker pocket holster.
    Same this year.

Lazy-ish carry for a lazy-ish morning. Just touching up the Opinel after rooting out weeds.

Name:  20210704_104910.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  100.7 KB

Happy Fourth, all!
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Well, bloody hell! Just noticed the shiny spot in my pic and checked the Bodyguard. Sure enough it's missing a sideplate screw. Swear it was there when cleaning after the range yesterday. Guess the next step this morning is off to Numrich.... though maybe if I retrace my steps...

ETA:

...I might just find it laying next to the gun safe. Better:

Name:  20210704_111545.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  94.8 KB
    Last edited by Half Moon; 07-04-2021 at 12:18 PM.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List