Thread: P320 X5 barrel in compact slide

P320 X5 barrel in compact slide

Hello all! New here.

Basically, as a fun build I wish to place a P320 X5/X5 Legion bull barrel in a compact P320 slide; I'm aware it may need gunsmithing/milling, but I'd like to know what obstacles are in my way as I suspect its more complex then simply boring out the hole for the barrel. I don't have a compact slide and I can't find any info on this topic.

Any help will be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Draig View Post
    Hello all! New here.

Basically, as a fun build I wish to place a P320 X5/X5 Legion bull barrel in a compact P320 slide; I'm aware it may need gunsmithing/milling, but I'd like to know what obstacles are in my way as I suspect its more complex then simply boring out the hole for the barrel. I don't have a compact slide and I can't find any info on this topic.

The entire barrel hood is going to need to be reworked as well, it won’t lock up with the dimensions of the compact slide locking area. X5 slides and barrels have a pre-tension fit that’s tighter than normal 320 platforms. You’d possibly have better luck with an original X-Carry slide, but it would still need extensive work.

Quote Originally Posted by Draig View Post
    Hello all! New here.

Do you have the Legion Slide etc.? You could always just buy a Compact frame for $50 from Sig, drop the slide and trigger module into it and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    The entire barrel hood is going to need to be reworked as well, it won’t lock up with the dimensions of the compact slide locking area. X5 slides and barrels have a pre-tension fit that’s tighter than normal 320 platforms. You’d possibly have better luck with an original X-Carry slide, but it would still need extensive work.
    Much appreciated, that's what I was afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Do you have the Legion Slide etc.? You could always just buy a Compact frame for $50 from Sig, drop the slide and trigger module into it and call it done.
    Thank you for the suggestion! And I do own an X-5 Legion. However, I was curious about shortening the barrel and slide length rather then tweaking the handle. If anything, if I tweaked the handle I'd need to make it bigger as it's a bit small.

User Tag List