Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick RFI:Ruger AR556 Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If the goal is a back-pack gun for the short-term to be replaced in the long-term by something higher quality. I think you'd do a lot worse than the Ruger. It has to get through however many rounds it takes for you to sight it in and familiarize yourself with it + the number of rounds you're carrying with you. /End

Presumably, you aren't going to run out and take a carbine course with this gun or plan to hammer through 6-cases of green tip...so I suspect you'll be okay, overall.
    Yeah, I'm seeing a lot higher confidence on the forum for the Ruger than my other plan B (Veritas)
    It's all my own fault, waiting for something to be released (Come on PSA, unfuck yourselves!!)

It's like 0130 at the club, and I better start making nice to the clean but rather plain girl next to me, rather than wait for the super-hot lingerie model who hasn't come back to talk to me since she left for the ladies room, like 3 frigging hours ago.
    Cause if I don't, I'll be walking out the door alone, softly humming Pink's "U and Ur Hand Tonite".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Yeah, sometimes it pays to go ugly early.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    It's like 0130 at the club, and I better start making nice to the clean but rather plain girl next to me, rather than wait for the super-hot lingerie model who hasn't come back to talk to me since she left for the ladies room, like 3 frigging hours ago.
    Cause if I don't, I'll be walking out the door alone, softly humming Pink's "U and Ur Hand Tonite".
    Dude has @Duke taught you nothing?

The plain, clean, girl (M&P) will do all the nasty things the lingerie model (STI) will do and more, AND without the additional cost (compare cost of M&P mags to 2011 mags) and hassle of maintaining a girl with daddy issues (always breaking down and going back home).

Sure she's not as hot and at first your buddies won't be jealous...at first...but when their lingerie models are gone and their left humming Pink, there you'll be - enjoying the plain girl.

M16 Manufacturers
    Colt's Manufacturing Company
    Daewoo Precision Industries
    FN Herstal
    Bushmaster
    H&R Firearms
    General Motors Hydramatic Division
    Elisco
    U.S. Ordnance

M4 Carbine Manufacturers
    Colt Canada
    Lewis Machine and Tool Company
    Bushmaster Firearms International
    U.S. Ordnance, US
    Remington Arms Company
    Daniel Defense
    Forjas Taurus
    FN Herstal
    SME Ordnance
    Sarsilmaz
    Caracal International

Y'all really need to layoff the industry marketing crack pipe. I can't tell you how many brands of LPKs that are "100% OEM FACTORY PARTS by ________________" that are all Schmidt Tool & MFG parts in different packaging. I would argue it's pretty hard to buy a bad COTS AR-15 in 2020 and many just need to shoot their "hobby guns" instead of listening to paid ex-soldiers tell you how your AR sucks because it's not BRAND _________.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    M16 Manufacturers
    FN Herstal
    Bushmaster
    H&R Firearms
    Elisco
    U.S. Ordnance

M4 Carbine Manufacturers
    Colt Canada
    U.S. Ordnance, US
    Remington Arms Company
    Daniel Defense
    Forjas Taurus
    FN Herstal
    SME Ordnance
    Sarsilmaz
    Caracal International

Y'all really need to layoff the industry marketing crack pipe. I can't tell you how many brands of LPKs that are "100% OEM FACTORY PARTS by ________________" that are all Schmidt Tool & MFG parts in different packaging. I would argue it's pretty hard to buy a bad COTS AR-15 in 2020 and many just need to shoot their "hobby guns" instead of listening to paid ex-soldiers tell you how your AR sucks because it's not BRAND _________.
    Parts is parts amirite.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    M16 Manufacturers
    FN Herstal
    Bushmaster
    H&R Firearms
    Elisco
    U.S. Ordnance

M4 Carbine Manufacturers
    Colt Canada
    U.S. Ordnance, US
    Remington Arms Company
    Daniel Defense
    Forjas Taurus
    FN Herstal
    SME Ordnance
    Sarsilmaz
    Caracal International

*Schmid Tool & Engineering

I have fired two of them (friend's guns) for a total of about 340 rounds. Both ran just fine, shot well and were fun to shoot. Long term, your guess is as good as mine. I liked them and think it's probably a decent gun for the money.

User Tag List