Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock .40 Pistols.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Definitely not a small contract. Do you know if any other large foreign organizations are using this gun?
    No idea. Just know one large Brazilian PD bought 15k and the other Brazilian PD that looked at them bought .40 cal SIG P320s.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No - already discussed in the other thread re discontinuation of the Gen 4s.
    No they won't be the heavier slide or No we don't know. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    I guess if I ordered 15,000 Glock 19s I could finally get a properly designed manual safety for the one Glock 19 I would carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    As apparently the last person on earth that likes the .40
    There are two of us, I still shoot more .40 than anything else.

Site Supporter
    I dated a gal from Brazil several years ago. She told me she called the police once about a noise complaint. When they answered the phone, before even listening to what the call was about, they mentioned they did not have a car or bicycle with which they could respond to calls with. After she made her complaint they told her if she came and picked them up they would handle the call.

It's a funny story, but I know there are seriously competent cops in Brasil who go toe to toe with evil on a regular basis. Hope the Glock contract is working for them.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    No they won't be the heavier slide or No we don't know. Thanks!
    No there is no evidence either way.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    They never did get all the fleas out of the .40's with the Gen4. That was one of the reasons why the Feeb was in a mood to ditch them.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    They never did get all the fleas out of the .40's with the Gen4. That was one of the reasons why the Feeb was in a mood to ditch them.
    Are we talking WML fleas or gun fleas? My personal Gen4 22 and issued Gen4 23 have been boringly reliable. We probably have 1k Gen4's in .40 between transport, Inspector General, Parole and SORT but only the 23's are ever used with WML and those are rare at that.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    As apparently the last person on earth that likes the .40 (and even I'm transitioning to 9mm, mostly due to ammo pricing), I'm truly surprised by this news. There must still be more police contracts for .40 than I realized. Am I alone in thinking that the .45 Gen 5s would be out before the .40s?

That being said, it will be interesting to see if this has an effect on .40 popularity.
    I’m still a fan.

I read all these reports of G22 Gen 4 reliability issues but, personally, have not seen any. My G22 has over 1k rounds through it with many fired while sporting a TLR-1. I don't recall ever having any kind of issue. Can someone enlighten me on what issues there have been?

As for the Gen 5 offering, I'm interested but the only drawback may be having to include new holsters in the investment decision.

User Tag List