Views: 1003
Size:  25.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunner View Post
    Name:  heckler-koch-hk45c-v7-lem-pistol-1456652-1.jpg
    Sounds like Clown Town.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In stock ? 40 training ammo has been as hard to find as 9mm IME.
    Not so in my area (Seattle metro); 40s available and reasonably priced; .45 ACP has seemingly limited sporadic availability and 9mm is unobtanium.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    There are two of us, I still shoot more .40 than anything else.
    Three of us. I think I have about four .40 capable firearms. I still like the caliber quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by roboster2013 View Post
    Three of us. I think I have about four .40 capable firearms. I still like the caliber quite a bit.

Make that a quartet. Issued a .40 and normally burn a box of my own on range days if I want to shoot more and the instructor starts giving me the hairy eyeball for dipping too deeply in the company stash -usually after 2 boxes down. Slim pickings online at reasonable cost. Plus I have 3 in that caliber of my own to feed.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Any updated thoughts and experiences with these?

FWIW, if you want a .357 SIG barrel from Glock, you'll need to get a Gen5 specific one-the ones made for Gen 3 and Gen4 won't fit...And to the best of my knowledge, there's no Gen5 .357 Glocks...so if you want a .40 to .357 SIG drop in conversion capability, it's a Gen 3/Gen4 only sorta thing, at least at this point.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Has anyone found Gen 5 .40 mags anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunner View Post
    Name:  heckler-koch-hk45c-v7-lem-pistol-1456652-1.jpg
    I sold my last 45c right before the current craziness. Had decided to buy two in LEM and ditch the DA/SA. Boy was that bad timing.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Because of the pandemic shortages, I had a Blue Label cert I needed to burn up by June - back in IL it was almost impossible to find BL guns at stores available to me. Today I took a drive to my new local NH BL dealer, and they had a G27.5 in stock. Twenty minutes later, it followed me home. (Cash and carry with an instant check is a real culture shock compared to IL.)

I actually like .40, and always wanted a 27 but didn’t care for the durability complaints I heard throughout the years. I haven’t owned a .40 Glock since I sold my 23.2 back in the mid naughts, I picked up a factory .40 barrel for my 33.4 but have never used it.

Now I need to find leather.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List