Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock .40 Pistols.

Here is a pic of the new Gen5 40S&W.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2020/08/1...n5-40-caliber/

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    They can quit making 40 as far as I’m concerned. But they need to get Gen 5 guns in 10mm and 45 Auto to market.
    I could'nt agree more! When Glock comes out with a Gen5 pistol in .45 or 10mm,(assuming of course, they have the breechface cut) I'm going to have a bit of a problem. On one hand, I already load for .45acp, on the other, I can easily buy a 10mm conversion kit for my 650, as well as brass, bullets.. Add a MOS option, and I'll have one.. At this point, I'd lean towards the .45, as I already have everything,(dies, press, powder, bullets, 10 boxes of Winchester Ranger L.E ammo loaded with 230gr Hp's and in 50 rnd boxes, for carry ammo, and 30 years experience loading .45acp) this would be pretty much plug and play for me...
    Last edited by ralph; 08-12-2020 at 08:17 PM.

I just want the Brazilian heavier topside version. Don't need / want .40, but a Glock actually designed for .40 would be a good option in the event 9mm is scarce and .40 available.

I have a Gen 2 (no interest in giving it away at fire sale prices) from an over two decades ago. It has been fine, but the quick to present "gouge marks" on inside of slide were not confidence inspiring. Understand this was something that corporate said wasn't an issue (due to slide bumping the locking block and would only progress so far and then not an issue). But at same time, a feature I could do without and raised doubts about long term viability of .40 pushed into 9mm.

I figured they would bring back the locking block pin in Gen 5 when it went .40, but none in those pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I figured they would bring back the locking block pin in Gen 5 when it went .40, but none in those pictures.
    It has been that way for several years now as in the ones sold to Brazil.

I would buy one. I love my 10mm/45 ACP Glocks enough to carry the 10mm when I was hunting moose in Alaska. Having said that, I am moving to a semi-rural mountainous community where open carry and CCW is allowed. I see the 40SW as a similar cartridge to the old .38/40. It was hugely popular and very effective for good reasons then and still is today. A glock 22 would be a reasonable compromise for this role. Being less ammo dependent during a shortage is also a plus, even though I reload. Finding .40 caliber components has been much easier lately. I realize that with open carry, size doesn't matter, but I find the grip of the 17/22 is a better fit for my hand. Variety is the spice of life and for the gun safe as well. I hope they are successful.

Is a G35 gen 5 coming? If so, I might want one given the current ammo situation...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Is a G35 gen 5 coming? If so, I might want one given the current ammo situation...
    Ugh.. have you actually shopped for 40 ammo lately ?

It’s not 2013 anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ugh.. have you actually shopped for 40 ammo lately ?

It’s not 2013 anymore...

I've been seeing it for around 34 CPR which I am fine with considering 9mm is about the same price and harder to find

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I've been seeing it for around 34 CPR which I am fine with considering 9mm is about the same price and harder to find
    In stock ? 40 training ammo has been as hard to find as 9mm IME.

User Tag List