Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W Model 14 4" versus Model 15 4"

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Urge to find a 4" m15 intensifies
    You won't be sorry if you do.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    How practical(and expensive) would it be to add adjustable sights to a m-10 hb?

For that matter, making a "Wiley Clapp "m-10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I am trying to figure that out now. I know the rear sight channel has to be welded up, then the top strap had to be drilled and tapped. Then the rear of the topstrap has to be milled out for the rear sight to sit in. Best guess would be $250.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I’ve been thinking about this too. It’s funny. Thirty years ago you bought a colt 1911 and took it to a gunsmith for better sights. Now I’m thinking about adding sights to a model 10 or a model 64. It really doesn’t make sense money wise. I think the best course of action is to add a C&S rear sight or a D&L rear sight to an adjustable sight S&W; or just buy a Wiley clapp Ruger.
    I thought about doing this a few months ago, I have a model 64-5 NY-1 I was thinking of having better sights added to. I contacted Dave Lauck at D&L Sports to inquire about cost and a couple other modifications I was thinking about. He quoted me $450 for the sights alone since there is a lot of intricate machine work. He also mentioned that he offers bolt on rear sights for Model 19/66 as well. I have yet to do anything at this point.

I was super impressed with the communication from Dave Lauck, I emailed him on a Saturday and he responded within an hour or so. We exchanged multiple emails throughout the day as well. I hope to be able to give him some business in the future.

The Model 14 came in today! Very pleased so far. Factory tight lock up (despite a good turn line), smooth DA, and very crisp SA. For comparison, all 4" barreled: 14-3, pre-15 5 screw Combat Masterpiece, and a 12-3 KA:

Name:  4 Tilt.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  53.9 KB

Name:  4 Side.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  4 Rear.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  40.9 KB

Name:  4 Top.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  47.7 KB

Name:  4 Barrel.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  84.3 KB

Of course the acid test will be how it does on the range. Might be a while under current circumstances but hopefully soon!

Site Supporter
    I, sir, covet your new revolver. That is a sin for which I must ask forgiveness. Great find!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Very nice.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Name:  Bisley TL Drift-Adj. Sight 2.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  25.8 KB

This high profile fixed sight would be a lot simpler than putting an adjustable on a fixed or the streamlined Yost sight.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Urge to find a 4" m15 intensifies
    There’s one for sale over on the S&W forum .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Name:  Bisley TL Drift-Adj. Sight 2.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  25.8 KB

This high profile fixed sight would be a lot simpler than putting an adjustable on a fixed or the streamlined Yost sight.
    What front sight would match up with that?

That one just has the regular semicircular blade of the 1918 period.
    I have seen others on the S&W board with various target front sights.
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-han...#post140829212
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List