Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Carrying While Cycling

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    The pack is very stable, I don’t even notice it.
    Looks like the bottles make it a bit bulky, but they provide a good "explanation" for the pack -- it's a way to carry extra water.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    And... smooth riding Doc

Saturday my son and I went for a trail ride. I was carrying my 43X with a Vanguard 2 in my Osprey Savu. On a technical downhill section I outran my bike and endoed over the bars. I landed on my face and head which permanently damaged my helmet. I also bruised a few ribs and broke my hand.

I’m happy to report the 43X/VG2/Savu performed as designed. No damage to any of the items and no unexpected loud noise. This combination has been deemed good to go. 😜

Unfortunately, I’ll be on the sidelines for a few weeks.

Site Supporter
    Going to change your screen name to “Yardsale”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Going to change your screen name to “Yardsale”?
    I freaking love that term. I've been a cyclist for some 35 years and only heard it recently here at PF.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Saturday my son and I went for a trail ride. I was carrying my 43X with a Vanguard 2 in my Osprey Savu. On a technical downhill section I outran my bike and endoed over the bars. I landed on my face and head which permanently damaged my helmet. I also bruised a few ribs and broke my hand.

I’m happy to report the 43X/VG2/Savu performed as designed. No damage to any of the items and no unexpected loud noise. This combination has been deemed good to go. 😜

Unfortunately, I’ll be on the sidelines for a few weeks.
    Heal quickly! Glad you were wearing a helmet.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I freaking love that term. I've been a cyclist for some 35 years and only heard it recently here at PF.
    I first heard it snowboarding for when skiers crash.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I first heard it whitewater kayaking — sometimes what you’d see in the pool at the bottom of a rapid. :-)

My water bottle launched from its cage like a mortar on Independence Day. Other than that it was just me and the bike in the middle of the trail in a cloud of dust and shame. No yard sale this time.

If I wasn’t already, I’m a firm believer in helmets.

Name:  C525263A-FD4D-4A40-8875-F582BB4BFACB.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  25.6 KB
    Last edited by davisj; 09-04-2020 at 04:39 PM.

My water bottle launched from its cage like a mortar on Independence Day. Other than that it was just me and the bike in the middle of the trail in a cloud of dust and shame. No yard sale this time.
    I got in the habit of squeezing my cages down periodically to really secure my water bottle. A loose water bottle during a race or a group ride can have very bad consequences.

User Tag List