Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me find a LPK

Another vote for the Larue MBT trigger. I have two and they're both great. I'll pick up another for my next build as well.

BCM has the A5 buffer tubes available(no VLTOR/A5 kits if that's your flavor), but you can assemble your own with the A5 buffer tube, a rifle spring(or a springco rifle spring), and an H0, H2, or H3 buffer.

CMMG (minus trigger) parts kits are available on primary arms for $30 for their 4th of July sale.

For grips, I personally like the magpul K grips because I shoot squared with "C"/beer can grip, but the MIAD grips are good too. Heard great things about the BCM gunfighter grips, but I have no experience with them.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    On the PA sale, the $30 LPKs w/o trigger are CMC, not CMMG.

CMMG LPKs are on sale, but have a trigger for $55.

------------

I have a couple extra A5 buffers. I'd welcome a PM from anyone who needs one.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    On the PA sale, the $30 LPKs w/o trigger are CMC, not CMMG.

CMMG LPKs are on sale, but have a trigger for $55.

------------

I have a couple extra A5 buffers. I'd welcome a PM from anyone who needs one.
    Thanks for the correction, I was combing through their options of them and was mistaken.

Site Supporter
    OpticsPlanet had Geissele no trigger/grip kits in stock at least as of last week (if these are somehow no good, someone please tell me). Trigger from Larue also showed up in just a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmill View Post
    CMMG is the best that I have used and will spend extra on them from now on. If you have to go cheap, go cheap. If not spend the $$$ on something better. You won't regret it down the road. Speaking from experience.
    +1. CMMG is way better in terms of trigger, they way parts feel, everything. I will never skimp there ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmill View Post
    +1. CMMG is way better in terms of trigger, they way parts feel, everything. I will never skimp there ever again.
    You know you quoted yourself, right?

Site Supporter
    SOLGW is sold out of all the LPKs, but has each part in stock individually. I just put together a couple kits part by part and ordered from them. Its a little more expensive but ends up (for me) close to the same since now it doesn't include the trigger guard/safety/grip/trigger that I would replace anyway.

Colt LPK. All the individual parts are available through Brownells, plus you get to choose your trigger, trigger guard, grip, receiver endplate (QD) etc...

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    OpticsPlanet had Geissele no trigger/grip kits in stock at least as of last week (if these are somehow no good, someone please tell me). Trigger from Larue also showed up in just a couple days.

I also found that LaRue can ship a trigger the next day. I had mine in 6 days from order, over the July 4th holiday weekend.
    And CMMG lower parts kits were in stock at Primary Arms as of last night.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

FCD or buy colt parts individually from brownells. Or a mix of those two.

I am huge on getting to pick my own trigger and grip. I don't really feel like getting a bunch of extra parts I have no intention of using.

User Tag List