Thread: Marlin 1894CS project complete!

Marlin 1894CS project complete!

I am finally done with the carbine I set up as a travel gun for restrictive states. I wanted it to have non threatening, traditional looks and be legal most places.

For those of you who haven’t followed my other posts about this rifle, here is a description of what it is and what I have done.
    I started out with a bone stock JM Marlin 1894CS 18 1/2 " barrel in .357 Mag made in 1995. Modifications are as follows:

Sights: Skinner peep sight and tall skinner front sight filed down to optimum height and painted bright orange.

Trigger: Wild West Guns Happy Trigger.

Firing Pin: Pioneer Gunworks one piece firing pin and light lever plunger spring

Mag follower: Pioneer Gunworks stainless steel mag follower

Hammer spring: Palo Verde adjustable tension hammer spring

Stock Cuff: Hill People Gear Hypalon stock cuff

Lever wrap: Pioneer Gunworks Leather Lever Wrap

Polishing: Polished bolt and all internal action parts with 600 grit sand paper and dremil tool with felt wheel and Flitz metal polish.

Chamber: Chamfered and polished chamber mouth

Hammer: I radiused and polished the hammer. This helped the action a TON. I used my Dremil tool.

“Marlin Jam Fix” - Note: I did this as a preventative measure so I would never have to worry about marlin jam. For those interested, these two links pretty much explain the processes: http://marauder.homestead.com/files/marlin94fix.html
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/j...arlin-jam.html

It is fun, light, smooth, low recoil and accurate and capable of 50 yard groups like these:

It turned out great exceeding my expectations!
    Last edited by Nephrology; 07-02-2020 at 03:58 PM.

I appreciate the work, and the road map, boss.

I might just have to bogart this build at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I appreciate the work, and the road map, boss.

I might just have to bogart this build at some point.
    Thank you and please do! If you have any questions let me know. It was a way fun build and not too expensive to do.

BTW, I'm thinking of heading up to my Uncle's place up by Kamiah this fall and harvesting a little whitetail with it just for fun.

User Tag List