Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: It appears that Glock is getting rid of the Gen 4.....

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Anyone with a Grey G19 is cool in my book! I like my Gen4 and RTF2 lots. I may have to grow a man-bun.
    I forgot about the RTF2. I have one of those too! Discontinued before the Gen 4s even... double hipster points.

I'd like to see a gen 5 G20, G40, and G21.

I never liked the G19 sized Glocks until the Gen 4 (with no backstrap). That little bit of reduction was enough to work for me. I also think the finger groves work, even if they don’t fit me perfectly. I learned a gun doesn’t have to feel good in the hand to shoot great when I got my Shadow 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I forgot about the RTF2. I have one of those too! Discontinued before the Gen 4s even... double hipster points.

Dang, that is cool.

I'll hang on my G17.4 just because I like it. Maybe I'll get a gen5 at some point but it's down the list a long way behind 92s and some other stuff.

-Cory

Glad to see them trim their line up...

While I get Gen 3 and CA, I never understood some of their decisions. Like the 30S. I love mine, and my duty gun (19 Gen 5) fits in every holster I have for the 30S. Literally is their most popular gun (19), in .45 ACP. Yet, it is marooned on Gen 3 Island. And then you have a 30 Gen 4. [emoji849]

"We came looking for those finger groves everyone's talking about, but so far...nary a one!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I do like the finger grooves on the 17, and my Gen 4 triggers seemed better to me. However, because I prefer the magwell, accuracy and ejection/extraction of the Gen 5, I decided to figure out the Gen 5 triggers, and I am now competing in CO with a Gen 5 17.
    What did you figure out with the Gen 5 trigger? I don't like the Gen 5 trigger (seems I'm one of the only ones who doesn't), so disappointed to see Gen 4 get discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
    What did you figure out with the Gen 5 trigger? I don't like the Gen 5 trigger (seems I'm one of the only ones who doesn't), so disappointed to see Gen 4 get discontinued.
    Obviously there is a lot of variation between individual Glock pistols, but mycompetition Gen 4 pistols are cleaner between the wall and break. With the Gen 5 pistols, I need to prep deeper beyond the wall.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I forgot about the RTF2.
    A "fish scale" RTF2 17 was hands down the biggest piece of shit (for a Glock) I ever owned.
    Absolute train wreck when it came to reliability (total lack of).
    It looked cool though.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Obviously there is a lot of variation between individual Glock pistols, but mycompetition Gen 4 pistols are cleaner between the wall and break. With the Gen 5 pistols, I need to prep deeper beyond the wall.
    Interesting. The Gen 5 I tried had a pretty clean break, but a much more defined wall than Gen 3s and 4s. I prefer a rolling break so didn't like the Gen 5 trigger.

User Tag List