Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It appears that Glock is getting rid of the Gen 4.....

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The real question is are the Gen 5 .40 caps going to have the G37 sized slides like the Brazilian police contract guns ?
    If they do, it might rekindle my interest in the .40. I had one of the first 23's to come out and carried it for years. It was a great gun, but definitely caused some pain to the hand after a couple of hundred rounds.

I am getting ready to move to a rural setting and always liked the .40 for that role. It reminds me of the .38/40 and in a lot of ways the Glock has become a modern version of the Peacemaker. Obviously not in terms of ascetics, but in terms of reasonable power in a trouble free and simple design.

Fingers crossed for a .40 caliber upgrade on the Gen 5's.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Got rid of my 19.4, it wasn't reliable.
    Mine was dependable enough, but the trigger never got quite right. Just had a really hard 'snap' when the striker let go, no matter what I did. Sample size of one and all, but I like my Gen 3's.

Site Supporter
    I sure hope that the G41 makes the cut to gen 5. Very happy with my gen 4 a gen 5 with the marksmens barrel should be even better.

A grip reduction would be great as well, but I'm just dreaming now. [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I went all in on the Gen 5 Glocks shortly after they were released and sold all my Gen 4's and have not looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    If they do, it might rekindle my interest in the .40. I had one of the first 23's to come out and carried it for years. It was a great gun, but definitely caused some pain to the hand after a couple of hundred rounds.

I am getting ready to move to a rural setting and always liked the .40 for that role. It reminds me of the .38/40 and in a lot of ways the Glock has become a modern version of the Peacemaker. Obviously not in terms of ascetics, but in terms of reasonable power in a trouble free and simple design.

Fingers crossed for a .40 caliber upgrade on the Gen 5's.
    I slimmed down my handgun collection and have slowly been building it back around Glock newest Gen 5 standard. I have tried to quit Glock a few times in the last ten years for no reason in particular other then buying into other’s hype. I always end up coming back.

If Gen5 makes it to the .40/357 and the .45/10 I’ll buy an example of each. I miss my gen3 21 RTF.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I never had a lot of interest in the 45 GAP, but I do like the .357 Sig. I have used it as a "woods carry" gun and taken a couple of hogs with it. I am satisfied that it works as advertised. If they transition the 40 to the Gen 5 platform, which it seems they will do, then the .357 Sig will be just a barrel change away if it is not offered from the factory.

I keep a 31 at my desert house that has a .40 barrel, a complete 17 upper with frame parts, and magazines for all calibers. This lets me have access to a functioning handgun that can fire a wide variety of easily found ammo. I don't think I would upgrade this to a Gen 5 if the 40's become available, but it would be nice to have the 40 Gen 5 Glock available if I ever decided to go this route.
    I'll be the oddball here. I have two Gen 4 G37's in 45GAP and I had them out last Sunday on my birthday. One was a brand new blue label I picked up for $310.47 out the door last February. The other was my off duty carry gun for a few years. I enjoy them and it is satisfying seeing 45 holes in the targets. They use the same RSA as the Gen 4 G22. I shoot them side by side with my Gen 5 G17. They are all enjoyable. I'm saying this now that I have been fully assimilated into the Glock Continuum. Resistance was futile. I preferred the Gen 4 over the Gen 3. My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Mine was dependable enough, but the trigger never got quite right.
    That's my experience too. Always a variable and overly hard, sometimes gritty "wall", no matter how much polishing was done to all the contact points in the trigger linkage.

My Gen 2 and 3 triggers are all smooth as butter. (Better than Gen 5, even.)
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    @GJM I don’t remember seeing if you ever worked through being faster with your gen4 vs gen5 due to what you hypothesized at the time being finger grooves vs lack thereof. I’m another one of the folks who finds the finger grooves on full size gen4s fit me well.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @GJM I don’t remember seeing if you ever worked through being faster with your gen4 vs gen5 due to what you hypothesized at the time being finger grooves vs lack thereof. I’m another one of the folks who finds the finger grooves on full size gen4s fit me well.
    I do like the finger grooves on the 17, and my Gen 4 triggers seemed better to me. However, because I prefer the magwell, accuracy and ejection/extraction of the Gen 5, I decided to figure out the Gen 5 triggers, and I am now competing in CO with a Gen 5 17.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I've been seriously considering selling my last Gen4 G17. I switched to Gen5's when work did.

User Tag List