Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It appears that Glock is getting rid of the Gen 4.....

[QUOTE=vcdgrips;1077586]"A heavier slide Gen 5 G22 would interest me..."

IIRC correctly, Chuck Haggard and others in the know/mix at the time, made a similar suggestion (heavier slide for G22 to run reliably with a light attached) to no avail in the early 2000's.[/QUOTE.

Yup...

HK listened...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=JonInWA;1077737]
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    "A heavier slide Gen 5 G22 would interest me..."

IIRC correctly, Chuck Haggard and others in the know/mix at the time, made a similar suggestion (heavier slide for G22 to run reliably with a light attached) to no avail in the early 2000's.[/QUOTE.

Yup...

HK listened...

Best, Jon
    Not exactly. HK just did what everyone else (including HK in prior models) did, beef up the slide mass for .40 cal.

It more a case of Glock NOT listening and going with the enhanced RSA instead to maintain holster compatibility.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    You know I just realized this is actually great news - Gen 4 Glock is officially the new hipster gun of choice, and that makes me the coolest kid in town

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You know I just realized this is actually great news - Gen 4 Glock is officially the new hipster gun of choice, and that makes me the coolest kid in town

Streamlights? No, you're not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Streamlights? No, you're not cool.
    One of those is one of the old ~150 lumen ones too. Discontinued. COOL.

One of those is one of the old ~150 lumen ones too. Discontinued. COOL.
    150 lumens? Kilt in da streetz, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    150 lumens? Kilt in da streetz, bro.

Anyone with a Grey G19 is cool in my book! I like my Gen4 and RTF2 lots. I may have to grow a man-bun.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

[QUOTE=HCM;1077769]
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Not exactly. HK just did what everyone else (including HK in prior models) did, beef up the slide mass for .40 cal.

It more a case of Glock NOT listening and going with the enhanced RSA instead to maintain holster compatibility.
    Doubtlessly true. But my inner snark couldn't be deprived...

Best, Jon

To me, the Gen4 made the greatest amount of sense for the .40, .357 and possibly the .45 ACP and 10mm models. The 9mm ones, not so much, especially the triple-nested RSA. Not that it's bad, just unnecessary in 9mm in my opinion.

The more textured Gen4 receiver grip surface is nice; the extended surface of the elongated magazine release lever is fine, although I never had problems with the OEM originally smaller-surfaced ones.

The exterior finish of Gen 3 Glocks was far superior to the coating applied to the Gen4, not until the Gen5 appear with NDLC was parity with Gen 3 finish quality restored, in my opinion.

While I like my Gen4 G22 (with a .357 SIG barrel for flexibility {and "just because"}), it's pretty much a Gen 3 world for me, until I get a Gen5-probably a G45 in the future.

Best, Jon

User Tag List