Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It appears that Glock is getting rid of the Gen 4.....

It appears that Glock is getting rid of the Gen 4.....

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ock-gen4-guns/

They are keeping the Gen 3 for California and other similar states as well as military contracts the specify them.

I have no problem with the Gen 4 guns going away, them seem to have the most problems out of all the generations.

Site Supporter
    Interesting. I suppose the Gen 4 .45 ACP version will stay around.

Instead of worrying about the .40, I wish they had moved the .45 to the Gen 5 platform.

Are the .357 sig and .45 GAP guns dead now?

I never had a lot of interest in the 45 GAP, but I do like the .357 Sig. I have used it as a "woods carry" gun and taken a couple of hogs with it. I am satisfied that it works as advertised. If they transition the 40 to the Gen 5 platform, which it seems they will do, then the .357 Sig will be just a barrel change away if it is not offered from the factory.

I keep a 31 at my desert house that has a .40 barrel, a complete 17 upper with frame parts, and magazines for all calibers. This lets me have access to a functioning handgun that can fire a wide variety of easily found ammo. I don't think I would upgrade this to a Gen 5 if the 40's become available, but it would be nice to have the 40 Gen 5 Glock available if I ever decided to go this route.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I actually like the Gen 4 guns... this is unfortunate.

Remind me, do they use the same RSAs as gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I actually like the Gen 4 guns... this is unfortunate.

Remind me, do they use the same RSAs as gen 5?
    Different RSA, and I understand the Gen 4 pistols will be discontinued. No idea about .40/10 mm.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Got rid of my 19.4, it wasn't reliable.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I imagine parts will be available for quite a while. I like my Gen4 G17. Not that I wouldn't enjoy a Gen5. Just absolutely no reason to make a swap.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Different RSA, and I understand the Gen 4 pistols will be discontinued. No idea about .40/10 mm.
    Hmmm. This leaves me with the question of what to do with my 3 Gen 4 9mm glocks....

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I imagine parts will be available for quite a while. I like my Gen4 G17. Not that I wouldn't enjoy a Gen5. Just absolutely no reason to make a swap.
    Same. Also after shooting my 48 a little more I am not so sure I want to upgrade to the Gen 5 anyway. The takedown lever heating up in under 150 rounds was not something I was super excited about.

Honestly I am more likely to replace them with Gen 3 guns at this point than Gen 5...

Site Supporter
    @DanM

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Hmmm. This leaves me with the question of what to do with my 3 Gen 4 9mm glocks....

Same. Also after shooting my 48 a little more I am not so sure I want to upgrade to the Gen 5 anyway. The takedown lever heating up in under 150 rounds was not something I was super excited about.

Honestly I am more likely to replace them with Gen 3 guns at this point than Gen 5...
    While there are differences between Gen 3, 4 and 5 pistols, there are enough differences between individual examples within Gen 3, 4 and 5 that I wouldn’t get rid of a good Gen 3 or 4 that I had a need for. That said, now is a great time to be selling Glock pistols and a lousy time to be buying them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List