Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support your local Cheese business

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Oh man!, that's a classic, along with the dead parrot one

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Superb cheese. I like its near twin: https://www.beechershandmadecheese.c.../flagship-7-oz

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Visiting my mom in the heart of cheese country. Picked up some fresh cheese curds today; still warm and extra squeaky.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Visiting my mom in the heart of cheese country. Picked up some fresh cheese curds today; still warm and extra squeaky.
    While an undergrad, I took a summer course at Penn State's main campus. They had an on-campus dairy store selling products from the Ag department's dairy, and cheese curds were probably tied with ice cream as the most popular product. They were awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    While an undergrad, I took a summer course at Penn State's main campus. They had an on-campus dairy store selling products from the Ag department's dairy, and cheese curds were probably tied with ice cream as the most popular product. They were awesome!
    The ice cream from that place was pretty dang good, too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    The ice cream from that place was pretty dang good, too.
    Sure was!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    As one of my major interests outside of firearms, we need to support local business. Thus:

https://culturecheesemag.com/blog/ho...eid=ec1814fd76
    I didn't know I had a local cheese business to support until I went to that link. Thanks, Glenn.

Site Supporter
    Why to eat cheese: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-death/565253/

Came back from the store with a Specialty Cape Meares Cheddar , English in style, Oregon in origin. Slightly sweet and creamy, aged for a year.

When my daughter was little we visited the Tillamook creamery. They had a talking Robot cow that overlooked the factory and give a speech about cheese. We couldn't get her away from that cow. We heard the talk about 4 times.

I also like their butter. We had it in Texas, but I don't see it here. They do have their ice cream. Tillamook wins prizes at the ACS awards most years.

User Tag List