Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What replaced the Colt 6920 in the minds of he experts

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    With the caveats that a) the owner apparently took the phrase "under-promise and over-deliver" and threw it in the trash once he got his business license and b) the fanboys are really fucking weird at times, I can recommend the Sons of Liberty Gunworks Patrol Rifle as a high quality option in the ~$1,000 AR world. My equivalent is a complete lower I purchased from them along with an East India upper from Brownells, but it's effectively the same thing (16" midlength FSB build with MOE-SL furniture). But seriously -- even in normal times, you will deal with vague lead times on anything beyond in-stock small parts. I'd attempt to source uppers/lowers/complete rifles from somewhere like Primary Arms or Brownells, which is what I did.
    This is the only way to buy SOLGW products in my opinion. In fact, if I were them, I would not even sell direct to customers and just send product to dealers. Last 4th of July sale it was months before some people saw their uppers, with poor communication along the way. Similar to Geissele and their Black Friday sale this past year.

Agree on some of their fanbase being weirdos.

I should hopefully never need to buy another AR again as I have plenty, but my favorites still remain BCM, LMT, Centurion Arms and for a bunch more money KAC... The only Colt I still have left is a registered SBR, the rest I sold off for stupid money when prices went crazy due them discontinuing them temporarily. Absolutely nothing wrong with a Colt but if your willing to give me 550 bucks for a complete Colt lower just to get that pony roll mark for your clone build then I'll buy a replacement BCM for 350 and pocket the difference....

Site Supporter
    I’d offer the FN Tac II would be the new ‘6920’. Other than the 6920

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I’d offer the FN Tac II would be the new ‘6920’. Other than the 6920
    The Tac II is a great gun but is is a premium gun, not a baseline like the 6920.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Tac II is a great gun but is is a premium gun, not a baseline like the 6920.
    You are right. I was meaning the base offering from FN. just didn’t know what it was. I guess the Patrol carbine or SRP would better represent what I meant. The tactical is the one I’m shopping for so it came to mind.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Doesn't BCM sell a 16" midlength w/ FSB upper pretty cheap? There's your 6920 right there. Add a complete BCM lower or roll your own with quality parts I guess.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Doesn't BCM sell a 16" midlength w/ FSB upper pretty cheap? There's your 6920 right there. Add a complete BCM lower or roll your own with quality parts I guess.
    That's what I was gonna say. Build a lower and get a BCM upper & Toolcraft BCG, you're right around a grand.

I have become a big BCM fan over the last few years, so I would say BCM if you can find one.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

No expert but I’d agree with the above based on my limited experience and knowledge. Based on advice in another thread I got a 16” mid light weight BCM upper right before they ran out of the base model. Ran it for a bit on a Ruger lower I have, and just finished putting together an Aero lower for it. After vetting the new complete rifle tomorrow I should be set. Rifle without accessories would be somewhere around $900 including shipping and tax, I think.

This thread reminds I need to finally unbox the 6920 Magpul FDE EDITION I got at Wally Whirled Spring of 2013 (after the Newtown run end of '12).

Thinking bout SBRing it for the Rampant Stallion logo and getting a premium 11.5-12.5-in. Upper plus upgraded innards.

Then pop the 6920 upper on an Aero !ower for a spare...
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

User Tag List