Thread: PS90 owners/users, rate the relative recoil of that platform for me..

PS90 owners/users, rate the relative recoil of that platform for me..

I have fired a PS90 once but that was over a decade ago, I simply don't remember.

Trying to help someone who is extremely recoil sensitive find a centerfire alternative to a rimfire long gun.

So tell me what the felt recoil is like, lets say a 10/22 or an M&P 15/22 in .22LR is a 1, and lets say 5.56 in an M4 is a 5, and .308 in a lightweight bolt gun is a 10.

Thanks for your insight.

And no I am not interested in anyone's opinion on how 5.7x28 has no ballistic or down range advantage over .22WMR in this case....that has been discussed at length elsewhere.

When I had one I used it for teaching kids because i didnt have a rimfire. I cant think of anything that is centerfire and recoils less. Its fun gun to shoot. So if thats the objective, id say its worth considering. But if fun is the objective, cost may be a consideration for both platform and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    So tell me what the felt recoil is like, lets say a 10/22 or an M&P 15/22 in .22LR is a 1, and lets say 5.56 in an M4 is a 5, and .308 in a lightweight bolt gun is a 10.
    In those terms, maybe a 2.

An M4 Carbine feels like a magnum elk round in comparison to the 5.7x28 in the PS90.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

What recoil?
    #RESIST

While we're on this topic, can anyone comment on the difference between the CMMG 5.7x28mm w/ 8" versus its 9mm RDB cousin?

I'm in a similar "light, low-recoil" long gun search.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I sold mine years ago but sometimes wish I had SBR'd it instread. And I had the USG optic which was much closer to the bore than the new configurations.

To answer your question I don't recall any recoil. The gun hardly moved. It was very easy to shoot and very reliable. I often used it when introducing new shooters to the hobby because it was so easy to use and had no recoil.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I have fired a PS90 once but that was over a decade ago, I simply don't remember.

Trying to help someone who is extremely recoil sensitive find a centerfire alternative to a rimfire long gun.

Thanks for your insight.

And no I am not interested in anyone's opinion on how 5.7x28 has no ballistic or down range advantage over .22WMR in this case....that has been discussed at length elsewhere.

I would go with 2 on that scale.

User Tag List