Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What replaced the Colt 6920 in the minds of he experts

What replaced the Colt 6920 in the minds of he experts

Used to be universal thought herein that the Colt 6920 was THE way to go for an AR without getting pricey. With those no longer available (at least not at a reasonable price), what is a reliable AR for less than $1,000, if that exists. I need the intelligentsia to chime in here.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

The Colt 6920 was the last good option under $1000.

These days, and particularly in the current market, one needs to raise their budget or lower their standards.

My vote would be for a complete Centurion Arms, which I believe is right around $1300 (currently).

Maybe the Colt 6920 is the standard again.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ipping-ar-15s/
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Maybe the Colt 6920 is the standard again.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ipping-ar-15s/
    How timely can an article be? I can only hope this is true.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Didn't Geissele offer first responders their super duty rifle for something very reasonable, sub $800-900? I haven't followed closely on reviews, but the few reviews I've seen so far has been positive.

Colt is definitely the choice for under a G, if you can find one.

Geissele does a duty rifle for LE under a G. But if you aren't LE the MSRP is ~2Gs.

Centurion C4M
    BCM MID16
    Sionics Patrol Rifle

Anyone know about the Sig M400 Tread? I'm seeing street prices well below a G, around 700-750 bucks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    How timely can an article be? I can only hope this is true.
    Why wouldn’t it be ?

Gun companies are in business to make money, guns are incidental.

Colt has periodically stopped selling ARs when the market is slow and started again when demand rises several times.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Colt is definitely the choice for under a G, if you can find one.

Geissele does a duty rifle for LE under a G. But if you aren't LE the MSRP is ~2Gs.

Centurion C4M
    BCM MID16
    Sionics Patrol Rifle

Anyone know about the Sig M400 Tread? I'm seeing street prices well below a G, around 700-750 bucks.
    Sig AR15s are known for spotty assembly, vague specs, and MIM lower parts kits.

With the caveats that a) the owner apparently took the phrase "under-promise and over-deliver" and threw it in the trash once he got his business license and b) the fanboys are really fucking weird at times, I can recommend the Sons of Liberty Gunworks Patrol Rifle as a high quality option in the ~$1,000 AR world. My equivalent is a complete lower I purchased from them along with an East India upper from Brownells, but it's effectively the same thing (16" midlength FSB build with MOE-SL furniture). But seriously -- even in normal times, you will deal with vague lead times on anything beyond in-stock small parts. I'd attempt to source uppers/lowers/complete rifles from somewhere like Primary Arms or Brownells, which is what I did.

User Tag List