Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Your current choice for rifle, zero magnification red dot?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I have Aimpoint T2's and Scalarwork mounts in stock right now if anyone is interested, please call me at 916-670-1103x2
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    For the guys using PROs or other non-Micro Aimpoints, has anyone tried the SKD riser for the QRP2 mount?

https://www.skdtac.com/SKD-Aimpoint-...-p/skd.840.htm

The "not quite absolute, not quite lower 1/3" height of the factory mount has always bugged me. I figured this might be an easier / cheaper solution than an entirely new mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    For the guys using PROs or other non-Micro Aimpoints, has anyone tried the SKD riser for the QRP2 mount?

The "not quite absolute, not quite lower 1/3" height of the factory mount has always bugged me. I figured this might be an easier / cheaper solution than an entirely new mount.
    I'm a luddite. I still prefer absolute co-witness.....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I currently have the SKD 1.93" riser on my QRP mount for my Aimpoint Pro. The riser itself is a quality piece of anodized aluminum which installs quickly and easily. I haven't had an issue with the riser coming loose in the 500~ rounds that I have used the riser. The QRP mount isn't my favorite with the large knob on the side but for 40 bucks I can't think of a more practical solution for changing the height of the Aimpoint Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'm a luddite. I still prefer absolute co-witness.....
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothing View Post
    I currently have the SKD 1.93" riser on my QRP mount for my Aimpoint Pro. The riser itself is a quality piece of anodized aluminum which installs quickly and easily. I haven't had an issue with the riser coming loose in the 500~ rounds that I have used the riser. The QRP mount isn't my favorite with the large knob on the side but for 40 bucks I can't think of a more practical solution for changing the height of the Aimpoint Pro.
    Speaking of, are there options available for replacing that knob? Even if it means losing the “quick” part of the name?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Speaking of, are there options available for replacing that knob? Even if it means losing the “quick” part of the name?
    Could swap the whole mount to something like Scalarworks. They're expensive but machined art.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’ve seen a few photos with the base flipped around when used in conjunction with the SKD riser. The giant knob is still there, but faces the opposite side of the rifle making it theoretically less likely to snag on gear.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I’ve seen a few photos with the base flipped around when used in conjunction with the SKD riser. The giant knob is still there, but faces the opposite side of the rifle making it theoretically less likely to snag on gear.
    I did this with a Comp M4S with the 2.26" height riser. The riser is of absolutely solid quality construction. The low cost and variety of mounting heights is really genius. I went with the 2.26" height to experiment with a Unity FAST height concept before going all in. The factory Aimpoint QRP2 is incapable of being flipped to put the release knob on the right side of the rifle due to the factory spacer design. The SKD mount allows this to work. This is a very nice added bonus for right handed shooters.

Aimpoint does offer a lever lock base for the QRP2 mount as well as a tensioned nut version. But if you didn't buy a PRO already with the lever lock base, I don't think it is worth the ~$120 it costs to buy one, plus a riser.

User Tag List