Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Your current choice for rifle, zero magnification red dot?

Aimpoint H1/T1, zeroed at 100. The H1 is a few months old, and is on my HD/backpack AR pistol. I keep it on setting 8 at home for indoors, setting 10 if I'm leaving the house with it in my Vertx bag. Prior experience with Aimpoint Micros has shown me that under that type of use the battery will last much more than a year, but I'll swap batteries annually because they're cheap.

My T1 is several years old. It's on my training 11.5" AR. I think the battery in it is 3 years old, I'll run it until it dies and replace it.

As far as the dot washing out indoors with a WML, I don't have that issue on setting 8.

Both my Micros are on LaRue LT660 mounts, which allow you to store two spare batteries inside the mount if you want, as shown in this video, if you don't want to fork over the coin for the KAC battery cover.

Cool. I have the H2 on the same mount. Never knew about that little trick. Though I do have some stuff in the grip.

I imagine some plastic (Saran) wrap would work just as well as the plastic he melts to secure the battery.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I imagine some plastic (Saran) wrap would work just as well as the plastic he melts to secure the battery.
    Maybe the corners of the next Amazon bubble wrap envelope that hits the porch...

I like the Comp M2...mostly due to familiarity and a 100m zero

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Both my Micros are on LaRue LT660 mounts, which allow you to store two spare batteries inside the mount if you want, as shown in this video
    I just took a plunge on the MRO. Because of this post I went looking at the LaRue options and it look like his MRO mount has the same kind of relief holes under it (the one looks like it might even be bigger):
    Name:  Holes.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  22.1 KB

And when I went there looking for the mount it turns out they have a pretty good deal on the MRO, basically the same price as the Trijicon co-witness mount (plus most places are out of stock on the sight):
    https://www.larue.com/products/triji...d-mount-combo/

I also went for their scope mount to experiment with putting a scope on the same upper:
    https://www.larue.com/products/lt204/

I didn't buy the hat, I already have a couple from back when they were free

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And when I went there looking for the mount it turns out they have a pretty good deal on the MRO, basically the same price as the Trijicon co-witness mount (plus most places are out of stock on the sight):
    https://www.larue.com/products/triji...d-mount-combo/
    Update on this:
    I just casually went and checked the order status, because it sure seemed to me like all of the stuff was in stock, but now without any other communication the whole order is just listed as Backordered. Not trying to go all Karen about it, just heads up if anybody else was thinking about it. This stuff is clearly in the desire category, not like I actually need it for anything, just that the way their site works I ASSumed it to be in stock.

Site Supporter
    What is the best place to buy a H2 or T2 these days? Seems like the best price by far is to buy through the mount company, but I already have a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    What is the best place to buy a H2 or T2 these days? Seems like the best price by far is to buy through the mount company, but I already have a mount.
    Check with forum sponsor @CS Tactical first. I was in the same boat and picked up an H1 from them several months back with no mount. He also went above and beyond what I would have considered fair after a small error on their end.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    We're expecting to have some Aimpoint T2's shipping to us in the next week or so and we have Scalarwork Lower 1/3 mounts in stock
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Unless I'm specifically trying to shave weight, I still like the larger tube of the 30mm Aimpoints. It helps that I dont have to then pay the $700+ for a "micro".

Aimpoint PRO Red Dot Reflex Sight with QRP2 Mount and Spacer - 2 MOA - 12841 - $445
    Same. Eventually I'd like to replace these with H2/T2s, but so far just hasn't felt worthwhile yet. Would be interested if the dot really is clearer in the T2s. I figure if I trawl ARFcom for long enough I'll find good deals on a couple used ones eventually.

User Tag List