Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for masks?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've had RZ for use in the workshop, mostly because I fell for the advertising when they seemed to be sponsoring every youtube woodworker I was watching. I can't keep the damn things on. They just don't seem to match up well to my face for whatever reason.
    I had to monkey around with the metal nose bridge piece quite a bit on my RZ mask in order to get it to fit well and not hurt my nose. Obviously your face may be different than mine, but it could be worth playing around with some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    How long are your wear times and if you have a private office can you unmask there?

I’m asking because as noted earlier for shortish wear times ear loops are nice and convenient if you’re going to be taking it off and putting it on a lot. After about an hour my ears don’t like them any more. Something else that may or may not be a concern is if ya got big ears, ear loops will only enhance that physical feature.

Locally I’ve seen some nice homemade ones, and been told they could get me one if I wanted. It might not hurt to ask if you see somebody wearing one you like because a lot of people are making them to donate or sell.

I’m going to try one of the OR masks when they’re back in stock since their other products I’ve used have all been well made. It also looks like it could be moded to wrap around with some more shock cord.

Look again. I just ordered two in the olive color, I think.

When I place an order, I'll be ordering from @RoyGBiv
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've had RZ for use in the workshop, mostly because I fell for the advertising when they seemed to be sponsoring every youtube woodworker I was watching. I can't keep the damn things on. They just don't seem to match up well to my face for whatever reason.

Yeah, I think I'm mostly looking for the appearance of protection while also not appearing so medical, while also offering at least something more than just the gaiter/buff type neck thing that I've got, while also looking a little more classy in an office environment.
    Did you try the rz 2 or 2.5. Trying to decide between the two.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I don't recall. I tried it for weeks and then stuck it in the bottom of a drawer in disgust.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I have both and the 2 is easier on off, but the 2.5 is definitely more comfortable because the upper strap takes some pressure off of your nose.

Site Supporter
    I bought a 5-pack of washable cotton face masks from Saddleback Leather. I've got a big head and these have enough tie length and face coverage to work with my melon. I primarily wear them when working, so I tie the top strap over the adjustable knob on my hard hat to keep the strap in place. I've been happy with them, and $20 for five masks delivered is a deal.
    I also bought a pack of USA made cotton bandannas from OhsayUSA. Keep a bandanna in the truck or backpack in case i forget a face mask.

I am fortunate that my wife now makes masks as part of her part-time sewing business. I wear eyeglasses, so proper fit to avoid fogging was an issue. I keep some in each vehicle as well as a couple in my briefcase.

Should’ve pulled the trigger this morning. Now I can’t find an xl rz mask m2.5 anywhere.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I recently got the one offered by Prometheus Design Werx when they dropped. I’m happy with it, especially compared to the N95s and surgical masks that I have to wear at work on the ambulance. It seems relatively durable and is comfortable, in as much as wearing a mask can be. I like that it has a replaceable filter.

User Tag List