Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for masks?

Site Supporter
    How long are your wear times and if you have a private office can you unmask there?

I’m asking because as noted earlier for shortish wear times ear loops are nice and convenient if you’re going to be taking it off and putting it on a lot. After about an hour my ears don’t like them any more. Something else that may or may not be a concern is if ya got big ears, ear loops will only enhance that physical feature.

Locally I’ve seen some nice homemade ones, and been told they could get me one if I wanted. It might not hurt to ask if you see somebody wearing one you like because a lot of people are making them to donate or sell.

I’m going to try one of the OR masks when they’re back in stock since their other products I’ve used have all been well made. It also looks like it could be moded to wrap around with some more shock cord.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

N95 masks are rated at .3 micron filtration. RZ claims a .1 micron filtration plus the carbon depending on which style of filter you use. I agree that the most important thing is something that fits you well and you will actually wear all day and not be upset about it or constantly want to touch or adjust.

Site Supporter
    I found these to be comfortable, they stay on just fine and they aren't too expensive, though they probably don't offer much more protection than the gaiter:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any variation on the style would probably work just as well, as far as I've been able to tell from trying a few things. Having the adjustable ear loops made a big difference for me. They also make similar ones with a filter pocket that offer at least a little more protection if you get a PM2.5 filter insert.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    How long are your wear times and if you have a private office can you unmask there?

I’m asking because as noted earlier for shortish wear times ear loops are nice and convenient if you’re going to be taking it off and putting it on a lot. After about an hour my ears don’t like them any more. Something else that may or may not be a concern is if ya got big ears, ear loops will only enhance that physical feature.
    Yes, it's primarily for getting in and out of office, running to the coffee room, etc. Maybe trips out to grab lunch or to Home Depot. Will be brief wearing times.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Yes, it's primarily for getting in and out of office, running to the coffee room, etc. Maybe trips out to grab lunch or to Home Depot. Will be brief wearing times.
    In that case I would personally go ear loop style, much more convient than a wrap around Velcro type, and for us in the heat and humidity they don’t trap sweat on the back of your neck.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    After about an hour my ears don’t like them any more.
    Mask hack.

You can use a paper clip to link the elastic from an ear loop mask behind your head. Makes for a tighter seal too.
    There's an actual widget that's designed for this. I need to see about bringing some in.

Name:  Hook S.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  53.3 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Mask hack.

You can use a paper clip to link the elastic from an ear loop mask behind your head. Makes for a tighter seal too.
    There's an actual widget that's designed for this. I need to see about bringing some in.

Name:  Hook S.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  53.3 KB
    Nice, I could probably cut something like that out of some thin plastic while I’m sitting on the porch having a beer after work.

Site Supporter
    I tried some neck gaiters from Amazon but because I have a fat head they were too tight. Anybody else with an over sized brain know of any neck gaiters that are extra stretchy? Are the Surf Monkey ones stretchy? They have a lot of designs.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I tried some neck gaiters from Amazon but because I have a fat head they were too tight. Anybody else with an over sized brain know of any neck gaiters that are extra stretchy? Are the Surf Monkey ones stretchy? They have a lot of designs.
    My wife and I both have Buff neck gaiters. I don't have a particularly fat head, but they're stretchy enough that I can put one on without disturbing my hair or glasses.

https://buffusa.com/

Site Supporter
    I have tried the simple cloths masks from First Spear (did not like), the ones Tactical Distributors sells from LBT, Keen and Mystery Ranch. So far my favorites have been the Mystery Ranch Traditional mask, the Mystery Ranch Street mask and the LBT mask, in that order. The Keen mask is great for just being compliant to pop into a store, but I wouldn’t want to wear it for hours. I prefer a mask that goes around my heat and not just behind my ears for extended wear.

User Tag List