Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for masks?

I’ve been wearing a 3M 1/2 respirator with organic vapor / p100 filters.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    How are people liking the Halo mask? I'm thinking about trying that one. Thanks.

FYI, n95 masks don’t stop punches.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    How are people liking the Halo mask? I'm thinking about trying that one. Thanks.
    Here’s my longish review on the halo mask. It was a 10/10 out of the box. It has these foam nose bridges that stick on that makes it extremely comfortable and not move around. But after washing it a few times they came off and now it rides down my face while talking so I don’t wear it that much now. Maybe I just need a bigger size but I’m not willing to pay $15 for an order of the nose bridges. I would recommend it just buy extra foam nose pieces.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    Thanks very much.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Bump. Are the Halo masks still decent, or have folks found something better?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Bump. Are the Halo masks still decent, or have folks found something better?
    I ended up using and being happy with the Outdoor Research essential face mask, but it doesn’t look that different than the halo.

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Resea...rcg+ess&sr=8-3
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I picked up an Oakley mask for no other reason than I thought it looked cool and I like Oakleys.

Initial impressions are that their anti-fog approach seems to work and the semi-rigid structure keeps the material away from your nose and mouth, which makes it feel a little more comfortable if you're breathing heavy. Not sure how well it's going to work with regard to talking over long periods, as it definitely wants to keep a tight fit around your nose and jaw, and it might get a little tedious with your jaw having to move. But if you're having to wear a mask at the gym or something, this might be worth looking into.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I ended up using and being happy with the Outdoor Research essential face mask, but it doesn’t look that different than the halo.

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Resea...rcg+ess&sr=8-3
    I can vouch for this mask being rather sweaty this time of year. Just wore it to the Dr office, about the only place I wear a mask these days. Otherwise, I like it a lot. Great fit and adjustability.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I have the Halo and Outdoor Research both and I like the Halo better. For me, it's more comfortable and the anti-fogging works better. Plus the filter is a lot easier to install/change. The adhesive on the nose pads isn't as long lasting as I'd like, and that's my only real complaint. They've been running a lot of sales lately. Come to think of it, I may grab another as delta seems to be making mask mandates more prevalent again.

User Tag List