Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for masks?

I am very happy with My Mystery Ranch street mask.

https://www.mysteryranch.com/mystery...treet-facemask

The one previously mentioned from Prometheus Design, is too tight for my large head.

Any of these work with glasses. I have a freebie cloth one and have been able to find the chicom paper surgical type, but all of them fog the bejeebers out of my glasses after a few minutes of wear. I'm at the point of getting some rainX wipes to try and prevent fogging.

Site Supporter
    Anything with an insert that allows you to form it around your nose and seat the glasses over that will work better.

I like the 3M N95s with the cool flow valve. Good fit and protection for you but you'll need to tape the valve closed if you want to protect others from you. I prefer the valve open because it is much cooler especially when breathing hard:

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Well, we're going to mandatory masks so I'm breaking out the Keffiyeh. I understand this might be too "tactical" or to "hipster" for many folks, but they actually are pretty practical if you need a face cover and it's hot. I can tell you from experience that they don't suck to wear when it's hot. Like really fucking hot type hot. Minimal to no glasses fogging.

If you'd like a traditional Made in Palestine version quickly:

https://www.amazon.com/Hirbawi-Premi...FY5EF&dchild=1

Or from the maker, with more options: https://www.kufiya.org/ I just ordered 3 more from them.

If you don't care about country of origin and want cheaper: https://tacticalgear.com/tg-shemagh-...05/7729/1&dl=b

Be sure to use 1776 as a promo code there.

Name:  20200703_105522.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  66.5 KB
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

"Who was that masked man?"

On the plus side, it will probably ensure that social distancing is observed...though it may not stop incoming.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Picked up an outdoor research mask and have been liking it much better than a cloth one I had been using. If I’m talking a lot I do have to adjust it but I’m not sure that’s avoidable with any mask. It takes a filter as well which is a pretty cool feature. I tried a mystery ranch street mask but it was huuuge. I’d like to try their other one still.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "Who was that masked man?"

On the plus side, it will probably ensure that social distancing is observed...though it may not stop incoming.
    Nobody has said boo yet. I've gotten a few double takes, but that's been it. My wife and son haven't had any issues, either. I really like my new blue one.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Picked up an outdoor research mask and have been liking it much better than a cloth one I had been using. If I’m talking a lot I do have to adjust it but I’m not sure that’s avoidable with any mask. It takes a filter as well which is a pretty cool feature. I tried a mystery ranch street mask but it was huuuge. I’d like to try their other one still.
    Another vote for Outdoor Research, their mask has a good nose bridge strip and you can pop in an extra filter if you’re going to be indoors or pop it out if you’re jogging at 5am or whatever. The ear loop elastics are very handy. Plus it’s a better mask for when you need to be seen to be waring a mask than your various buffs, bandannas, etc.

I've tried a whole bunch of different options at this point: Outdoor Research, Levelwear, SOTech, Mystery Ranch, Mambe, Space Mask, Proper Cloth, LBT... pretty much every time I see one that looks good I buy it, figuring we are going to be doing this for a while. The one that fits me best so far is the All-ett. Lightweight, earloop design, straps are a little bit wider and flatter so they don't cut into my ears, size is just right to fit my face snugly without hurting my ears too much, and they don't stick out like a beak like some designs. We're wearing these things all day at the plant and this is the one I tolerate best.

https://www.all-ett.com/products/a-pack-of-2-masks

User Tag List