Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get a Reliable Hard Use 1911?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlorifiedMailman View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, the Springfield Professional seems to get good praise almost universally. Does anyone know if the FBI HRT still uses them, or have they since moved on?

Sorry if this thread annoys some people. I'm just trying to gain knowledge. I love my G19's and G21's and have the utmost confidence in them, but I feel like I'll always have an itch for a good hard use 1911 until I get one.
    FBI HRT and Regional SWAT haven’t used the SA PRO in several years.

SWAT Agents with grandfathered Personally owned PROs can still carry them during normal duties but they are no longer issued or approved for SWAT use. They were replaced with green framed Gen 4 G17s with factory minus connectors prior to the FBI’s general transition to 9mm.

HRT operates on Fight Club rules but allegedly they went to G22s then 17/19s long before the rest of the Bureau and are currently running 9mm Glocks with red dots.

Other DOJ special units also used or allowed SA PROs off theFBI/DOJ contract. They have been replaced with 9mm Glocks, some with red dots or in the case of USMS, 2011s with red dots.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Very nice and more shooters features yes. Doesn't rile me up like the Colt though.
    I completely get it. Hard to argue with a worked over classic like the NH Colt. I haven't found one in captivity yet.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    HRT operates on Fight Club rules but allegedly they went to G22s then 17/19s long before the rest of the Bureau and are currently running 9mm Glocks with red dots.
    There were some G21's thrown in there before the 9mm transition, from my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Very nice and more shooters features yes. Doesn't rile me up like the Colt though.
    If looks were all that mattered, that Nighthawk series 70 touch up would be Catherine Deneuve in her prime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    There were some G21's thrown in there before the 9mm transition, from my understanding.
    Could be. They are very tight with a certain premiere Army SF unit and tend to model their choices.

G21s are still around as grandfathered POWs for use like the Pros.

Could be. They are very tight with a certain premiere Army SF unit and tend to model their choices.

G21s are still around as grandfathered POWs for use like the Pros.
    At one point the plan was to remove all .45's from the POW list, but that's either been dropped or just slow to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    At one point the plan was to remove all .45's from the POW list, but that's either been dropped or just slow to implement.
    I suspect the .45 ammo will dry up before long...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Wait a minute... You dont even own an Alchemy but you keep telling me to buy one... Hrmmm...
    I’ll say buy one, and I actually do own one.
    Last edited by Corse; 07-02-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I suspect the .45 ammo will dry up before long...
    .45 ammo will never dry up completely- got to feed the Thompson’s for the Citizebs Academy Range day. ;-)

FBI HRT and Regional SWAT haven’t used the SA PRO in several years.

SWAT Agents with grandfathered Personally owned PROs can still carry them during normal duties but they are no longer issued or approved for SWAT use. They were replaced with green framed Gen 4 G17s with factory minus connectors prior to the FBI’s general transition to 9mm.

Other DOJ special units also used or allowed SA PROs off theFBI/DOJ contract. They have been replaced with 9mm Glocks, some with red dots or in the case of USMS, 2011s with red dots.
    The HRT Pros were pretty cool (note the serial number). This photo is from the Vicker's Guide.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List