Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want to talk about repeaters, don't come in here

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    If I didn’t already have a 10” threaded contender barrel for the SBR, a 77/357, and a Puma 92 all in .357, I’d be on this like white on rice. Looks like it’s my turn to enable someone else.
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/mobile/p...lack+synthetic
    Make it a team effort. Better prices are available.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/040589024318
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter

Recreational Medium Bore Single Shot?

I took my Encore 35 Whelen to the range yesterday to shoot some hunting-level loads and some low power cast bullet loads.

I kind of dig shooting the low power stuff. Launching 280gr cast bullets at a sedate 1200fps was enjoyable. Pull the trigger...<pop> goes the gun, and a second later the dirt is kicked up on the berm.

I already have two good rifles for hunting big game, do I need a third that weighs a ton?

If I can zero in on a good load using Trail Boss, I could be content for this to be a range toy.

Chris

I had a 460 S&W Performance Center Revolver that I sold off years ago. I have a large amount of ammo for it and would love to get a TC Encore carbine. I think it would make a great little hog slayer.

https://www.tcarms.com/firearms/inte...unter-katahdin

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    I had a 460 S&W Performance Center Revolver that I sold off years ago. I have a large amount of ammo for it and would love to get a TC Encore carbine. I think it would make a great little hog slayer.

I have the Katahdin 50cal muzzleloader barrel. It's a sweet little barrel. I've been tempted to get the 460S&W version since I could also shoot 45 Colt through it (I have a 25-5 in 45Colt).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I don't know if it was exactly that model but I do recall fondling a TC carbine in .460 some years ago in a gun store. It struck me as quite the handy little gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    #3 .45-70? No thank you!
    I’ve got a bunch of single shots on watch lists now including some .45-70 No 3’s. Never having fired or handled a No3, why is it a hard pass? Lightweight for caliber, bad stock design for caliber or what?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’ve got a bunch of single shots on watch lists now including some .45-70 No 3’s. Never having fired or handled a No3, why is it a hard pass? Lightweight for caliber, bad stock design for caliber or what?
    I’d imagine that recoil would be pretty stout. I had a Marlin Guide Gun that was manageable but I’d guess a No. 3 would be more recoil than I want to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’d imagine that recoil would be pretty stout. I had a Marlin Guide Gun that was manageable but I’d guess a No. 3 would be more recoil than I want to deal with.
    I had a Marlin 1895 and an H&R Buffalo Classic at the same time. The Buffalo Classic was more pleasant to shoot than the bigger, heavier Marlin with both regular factory smokeless and factory GOEX BP loads. The only reason I could come up with was the stock design.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

How about a modern production Martini?

One of those in .357 might be more cost effective than trying to church up my original...

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've owned an Encore for several years. Most of that time it has sported either an MGM 17" 35Whelen barrel or a 20" 50cal muzzleloader barrel.
    How do you like the Encore as a muzzle loader? I found one at a local shop and am...intrigued.

User Tag List