Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want to talk about repeaters, don't come in here

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Far less classy than the guns recently discussed, but it appears a shipment of CVA Scout V2 Takedown 44 Magnum rifles have hit distributors. Were mostly out of stock last week.

Would seem to be a heck of a gun for the money. I like the one I have in .300 BLK.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/CR4431S
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I tend to agree, but I do not see the price being cut by that much. It will probably sit on the rack unless one person has to have it. I do not see that happening, so I expect it will be on the rack until the value catches up with the price tag.
    Well the price came down by $200, and I decided to put it on layaway using the proceeds from selling ammo to keep the LGS open. So basically I am trading ammo for a rifle.

Yes, the No. 1 in .243 was common. Yes, I have a Browning 1885 Low-Wall in .243. But now I will have a Ruger No. 1 "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty".

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    CDNN keeps tempting me. They have stock of a #1V in .243 and a stainless #1 with a laminated stock in .450 Bushmaster. I already have a Browning 1885 in .243, so that one is (relatively) easy to ignore. The wood on those is gorgeous. https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-no...o-edition.html
    These are still in stock FWIW. I put one in the cart to run the numbers on shipping and tax to see how close my fun fund is. $4.99 flat rate shipping, yes! $99.50 tax, gaaaaaah! That puts it a tick over $1300 to my FFL and for that I'd rather have a caliber I already stock.

An Encore and a couple of barrels are starting to look good in that price range. Or an Encore with one barrel and a really nice piece of lumber.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    These are still in stock FWIW. I put one in the cart to run the numbers on shipping and tax to see how close my fun fund is. $4.99 flat rate shipping, yes! $99.50 tax, gaaaaaah! That puts it a tick over $1300 to my FFL and for that I'd rather have a caliber I already stock.

An Encore and a couple of barrels are starting to look good in that price range. Or an Encore with one barrel and a really nice piece of lumber.
    If you are interested in an Encore frame with nice furniture, here is one I bought as a frame and stock set but never found a suitable barrel. The receiver is finished in EABCO's "French grey" and the wood is gorgeous. Too nice for me to take afield. As such, it is surplus to my needs. I will make you a very fair deal on it as it just stays in the back of one of the safes.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

@farscott, you’re a bad, bad man great enabler. PM inbound.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @farscott, you’re a bad, bad man great enabler. PM inbound.
    Being an enabler is part of the unwritten forum rules. . PM response sent.

I just dropped my G2 off at the Smith to get my barrel threaded for my SilencerCo Omega 36M.

Site Supporter
    So here’s a cool single shot action I didn’t know existed that was invented by James Paris Lee of Lee-enfield fame.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    It’s the best YouTube collaboration of 2021 so far. Two of my favorite firearms channels shoot and talk Martini-Henry.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    So here’s a cool single shot action I didn’t know existed that was invented by James Paris Lee of Lee-enfield fame.

That one surprised me as well. It's like a product-improved Werder Lightning rifle.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List