Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want to talk about repeaters, don't come in here

Site Supporter
    Another interesting non repeating arm from Forgotten weapons. The first couple of comments in the comment section provide a little more info on this rifle.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Someone tell me I don’t want a Browning B78 in .25-06…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The only reason I could think of to tell you that is because i want one, so theres one more available for me one day.

I still have a serious urge to own a 50-70 trapdoor, 1866, 68 or 70 model.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-12-2021 at 10:40 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    It's even more overbore than a 6.5-06, which is considered a barrel burner by some. But then, it's a single shot, so how many rounds would you put through it? Probably not much worse than a 6mm Remington.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Local place bought a 70-80 gun collection from an estate most of it taken out of the box, fondled, then put in a safe. Lots of interesting stuff but that B78 caught my eye. First time I've ever handled one as best I can remember. There's also a newer Win 1885 target model .45-70 with a 1" (give or take) diameter octagon to round barrel. If it was a hunter or other lighter weight barrel it would already be on layawake.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I briefly had a CVA Scout in .223. At the time I had it I didn't really care for it, mainly because I wanted to put a short rail and a dot on it and couldn't find the appropriate parts to do so without involving cutting oil and expensive drill bits. So I sold it off. After I acquired a G1 Contender with a 10" .223 barrel I started to regret getting rid of the little Scout. It was far less expensive than getting a 16" .223 barrel for the Contender and the appropriate stock setup. As it stands right now I have a 10" .223 barrel, a 10" ,22LR barrel, and a 10" .44 Mag barrel. As an interesting side note, running .44 Specials thought the .44 Mag barrel is a waste of money. There's not enough adjustment in the iron sights to match the POI to the POA.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Was perusing the interwebs And came across a Remington Rolling Block in 7mm, something I've wanted for a while. Seemed like a better than average price so I ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    No affiliation with seller. But it is some pretty wood.

Ruger #1 - 257 Roberts

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...-1-257-roberts
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    No affiliation with seller. But it is some pretty wood.

Ruger #1 - 257 Roberts

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...-1-257-roberts
    You suck! [emoji28]

That is my top “irrational want” firearm, but I’m trying mightily not to buy anything for the next 6 months because I’ve run out of safe space, and also I don’t want to cart anything more than I have to when I move…

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Was perusing the interwebs And came across a Remington Rolling Block in 7mm, something I've wanted for a while. Seemed like a better than average price so I ordered it.

Those are fun. I’ll try and find my notes on them but IIRC they’re not a true 7x57 but 7mm Spanish (or a Spanish 7mm of some sort). It’s close enough that 7x57 isn’t an issue but it might be a rifle that needs dedicated brass.

User Tag List