Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want to talk about repeaters, don't come in here

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    That should be chambered in 360 Dan Wesson or 357 Max.
    I kind of want a 16"-20" 357max barrel with a 1:12 twist for 250gr+ jacketed or cast RN bullets. Launching at just barely subsonic velocities would be fun.

Chris

I was not aware of Fred Smith's retirement from Bullberry. This is the end of an era. I have acquired more than a few Bullberry barrels over the years, mostly in rimfire and wildcat calibers. As a .22 Short fan, it was great to have a real .22 Short-chambered single-shot rifle. Bullberry also offered Lyman front aperture and Williams peep rear sights, allowing for a light and accurate small-game rifle.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I kind of want a 16"-20" 357max barrel with a 1:12 twist for 250gr+ jacketed or cast RN bullets. Launching at just barely subsonic velocities would be fun.

Chris
    Why not go .44 Magnum or .45 Colt for that? Make it 325gr flat nose.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Why not go .44 Magnum or .45 Colt for that? Make it 325gr flat nose.
    I have a pile of 35cal j-word bullets of various weights and design and a 35cal 280gr mould (see previous post about 35Whelen). Also, 35cal cans are available and cheaper than cans that would work for 44cal. Those rifle bullets would, at least in theory, fly better than the 4x caliber bullets.

I could probably put 10-12gr of Trail Boss in the 35 Whelen case and get the same effect though.

Chris

Been bitten by the single shot bug

So last Christmas, my wife bought me a Henry Single Shot in 45-70 with a custom serial number ( my last name, sort of an heirloom piece). It had beautiful wood and once I sorted out the stupid heavy trigger (swapping springs fixed it) I mounted a Redfield 2-7 on it, sighted it in and then cleaned it and hung it on the wall(heirloom piece, remember?). The problem is I had to have a surrogate that I could actually shoot and hunt with. Enter a Ruger #1 in 30-06. It has okay wood and shows some hunting scars, but that just meant I got a good price and I don't feel bad about actually using it. The only problem is that led to a Ruger #1 in 45-70, because I had to have an actual 45-70 to substitute for the one on the wall, right? Now I find myself trolling around funbroker looking for single shots and cool antique guns like a fat kid outside an ice cream shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptero View Post
    So last Christmas, my wife bought me a Henry Single Shot in 45-70 with a custom serial number ( my last name, sort of an heirloom piece). It had beautiful wood and once I sorted out the stupid heavy trigger (swapping springs fixed it) I mounted a Redfield 2-7 on it, sighted it in and then cleaned it and hung it on the wall(heirloom piece, remember?). The problem is I had to have a surrogate that I could actually shoot and hunt with. Enter a Ruger #1 in 30-06. It has okay wood and shows some hunting scars, but that just meant I got a good price and I don't feel bad about actually using it. The only problem is that led to a Ruger #1 in 45-70, because I had to have an actual 45-70 to substitute for the one on the wall, right? Now I find myself trolling around funbroker looking for single shots and cool antique guns like a fat kid outside an ice cream shop.
    We need pics. I keep forgetting to post mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Not a Rolling Block but how about 7.18 pounds in .357:

https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sch...tle-betsy.html
    Much want. I had to bookmark that one for later.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    We need pics. I keep forgetting to post mine.
    As requested. The one on the left is the Ruger No. 1 in 30-06 with a Leupold VX-R Firedot Duplex, the middle is the Henry 45-70 with Redfield 2-7 and the right one is the No. 1 in 45-70 with a Primary Arms 1-6 with ACSS reticle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Ptero View Post
    As requested. The one on the left is the Ruger No. 1 in 30-06 with a Leupold VX-R Firedot Duplex, the middle is the Henry 45-70 with Redfield 2-7 and the right one is the No. 1 in 45-70 with a Primary Arms 1-6 with ACSS reticle.
    Some very nice pieces you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Speaking of English stalking rifles...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/872836672
    And here I am sitting on several hundred rounds of .303 British that I found in my dad's gun safe when I was cleaning it out...

User Tag List