Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want to talk about repeaters, don't come in here

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    CVA had a batch of .44 Magnum Scout takedown rifles hit distributors a little while back. Sold out in a day.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    CVA had a batch of .44 Magnum Scout takedown rifles hit distributors a little while back. Sold out in a day.
    The Scouts look interesting but there's no .357 option I can find.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    The Scouts look interesting but there's no .357 option I can find.
    I am not aware of a rifle version. There was a batch of pistols in .357 a few years ago. They tend to be expensive if you can find one. The pistol grip and rifle stock attachments are different to keep people from swapping them and making SBRs.

https://www.impactguns.com/Break-Act...807048-CP704S/

If you need a .357 Mag (Max?) carbine, that's a Contender or a Handi. Or you could be cool like RexG and find a Ruger No.1.

If you load .300 BLK, the CVA Scout rifle is 16-inch and threaded. Pretty dandy little thing. They have also made pistols in .300 BLK.
    Not another dime.

In other news, im still nursing a serious jones for a Browning B-78 highwall in 25-06. All ive seen on gunbroker have had awesome wood. One day....

Also jonesing for an XP-100, either 221 or 6mm BR. Just for fun. Reports of 2" or less groups at 300 yards still impress me.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I suppose you could get a custom barrel made for this in pretty much any chambering you wanted. Just a single shot conversion to clip into the magwell, and you'd be GTG.

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p...ummary&s=57797
    Not another dime.

I suppose you could get a custom barrel made for this in pretty much any chambering you wanted. Just a single shot conversion to clip into the magwell, and you'd be GTG.

https://www.savagearms.com/content?p...ummary&s=57797
    I love the concept of specialty pistols like that until I get to the price. A local pusher has had a Savage receiver and bolt on consignment for at least 2 years now, I should probably make an offer on it. IIRC it started out as a .22-250.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I love the concept of specialty pistols like that until I get to the price. A local pusher has had a Savage receiver and bolt on consignment for at least 2 years now, I should probably make an offer on it. IIRC it started out as a .22-250.
    If it started out as a rifle, you'll need a stamp to make it a pistol. Gotta start with a pistol or a receiver that left the factory as just a receiver and has never been a rifle.
    Not another dime.

Sorry, I shifted gears mentally but didn’t finish the first thought or clearly start the new thought in writing.

Having had a Savage Striker and a Ruger Charger (both .22LR), I like the idea of specialty pistols but for me they are strictly range toys so the PCS price a bit steep for me.

Yes, unless that action for sale near me has paperwork showing the original owner bought it as just an action, it would be a rifle build.

A few more out there:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/043125844319
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Mark Novak just put out an episode on conserving a Springfield trapdoor. His videos are always a relaxing way to kill some time.

User Tag List