Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDPA & Ported Barrels

Quote Originally Posted by leekellerking View Post

Has anyone seen ported barrels used since the rule change?
    Yes. Lots of folks have ported barrels now. I just sent a slide off to magnaport. My friends have had theirs ported since the rule changed

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Yes. Lots of folks have ported barrels now. I just sent a slide off to magnaport. My friends have had theirs ported since the rule changed
    Then Magnaport, it is. :-)

And I guess while I'm at it, I'll get that custom stipple job done, too. I wonder if my guy can reduce the grip a bit?🤔

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    I just sent a slide off to magnaport.
    Let us know how that works out, I was told that the Autoport cuts are not as effective as the superfluous holes of other shapes. I shot a Michigan Arms .45 with Autoport many years ago but have no clear recollection.

I wonder if coated bullets will tolerate ports.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Let us know how that works out, I was told that the Autoport cuts are not as effective as the superfluous holes of other shapes. I shot a Michigan Arms .45 with Autoport many years ago but have no clear recollection.

I wonder if coated bullets will tolerate ports.
    I went back and forth on the kind of ports I wanted. I stopped over thinking it and just flipped a coin and magnaport won. I gave them a call and spoke with the guy who does their ports and he was friendly and knowledgeable.

The friends I mentioned above have ports similar to the monsoon lucky 7s and with coated bullets they have to clean often (less than 1k rounds) or else the buildup under the slide / on top of barrel causes malfunctions. I don't know if that's caused by just the fact of the bullets or the way the holes were drilled. Magnaport uses a laser to make the holes so maybe it will tolerate coated bullets better

User Tag List